PDA

View Full Version : new child with dietry needs

adele1985
25-10-2011, 04:29 PM
ive got a new little boy starting on monday :D full time until december and then im not sure (mum is a subsitute teacher)

Just woundering if any of you have had any expereince with EGID reflux

The little boy is 3 and a half and goes to school for 2 hours a day the rest of the time he will be with me so im just trying to get as much info as possible about this condition

Any help would be appriciated :-)

sarah707
25-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Parents should be your best source of information and advice... and you could make contact with the child's health visitor to ask more questions if they are not sure on anything.

I Google for info too but it's not specific to the child so always check with parents first.

Good luck :D

uf353432
25-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes the same advice really - mum and dad should be your main source of information on this and can give you advice specific to their child. Google searches will offer you an overview of general symptoms etc. but everyone is affected differently.

I had a child who was diagnosed with a condition. First thing I did was set up a meeting with mum to go through the ins and outs and penciled in a review date to revisit it. With an open door on both sides to ask any questions or raise concerns in between times.

I'm sure you will be doing it anyway but a regular daily book will help day to day if it proves difficult to talk on collection or drop off, also permissions to talk to the preschool and then you can work on strategies together so you are working consistently.