PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge?

handeme
25-10-2011, 02:44 PM
My mindee's mum has asked if I can drop mindee off at home next week which is not a problem I just wondered how much you all would charge for this? It is 1.1 miles away.

C x

AliceK
25-10-2011, 03:03 PM
As a one off I wouldn't and haven't charged anything. If it was a regular thing I would think again (but then again I wouldn't agree to do it on a regular basis) I will always help out parents if they need me to as long as I have a good relationship with them so wouldn't charge as a one off bit of help.

xxxx

moogster1a
25-10-2011, 03:07 PM
As a one off I wouldn't charge. If she needs each day for the week I'd expect a nice bottle of wine, b ut don't think I'd charge.

uf353432
25-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I tend to offer to drop a child home if I am out somewhere and tend to drop them on my way home as I am already in the car, and they are all ready to go home. If I was home based and was planning on going on somewhere else - or needed to pop out and could combine the 2 and it suited me i'd happily help. Or if it was a one off because of a problem with their transport i'd help out as well - with no charge.

If this turned into a regular occurance i'd say we might need to review the contract to incorporate a little more to cover the use of your car for this purpose. You can't charge it as an extra - because you are not a taxi - but you could charge a slightly higher hourly rate to cover any costs and inconvenience.

rosebud
25-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I charge £2.50 drop off / pick up charge but like the others said probably wouldn't if its a one off.

handeme
25-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks I do, do that if I am out and about I drop him off at home.

My mindees mum and dad are going away on honeymoon and not taking the little one with them so grandma is watching him but doesnt drive. It will be 5 occasions.

C x

miffy
25-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks I do, do that if I am out and about I drop him off at home.

My mindees mum and dad are going away on honeymoon and not taking the little one with them so grandma is watching him but doesnt drive. It will be 5 occasions.

C x

I think I'd call it part of my wedding present to them :)

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
25-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I think I'd call it part of my wedding present to them :)

Miffy xx

Same here!! As a one off (albeit 5 days) I wouldn't charge!!! I wouldn't agree to do pick up/drop offs on a regular basis anyway!!

uf353432
25-10-2011, 07:35 PM
yep - i'd call it a goodwill gesture which I am sure they will be grateful for.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't charge. I know it costs you but next time you need a favour, half hour off early maybe, they will be as accomodating (I like to think this anyway)

Beccles26
25-10-2011, 09:44 PM
i do regular pick ups and drop offs, i don't charge any more, i like to think it shows me as flexible and maybe gives me an edge over other minders.

oneofeach
26-10-2011, 01:08 PM
i do regular pick ups and drop offs, i don't charge any more, i like to think it shows me as flexible and maybe gives me an edge over other minders.

Me too.

:thumbsup: