PDA

View Full Version : cooker guard on aga

foxy lady
25-10-2011, 12:31 PM
has anyone got a hob guard on an aga in looking to but one as my little boy is 2 and is sometimes in the kitchen when i cook has anyone got a cooker guard they can recomend ????

sarah707
25-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I would give aga a ring and see what they suggest - if you have a big enough kitchen you could use a fireguard.

Hth :D

flora
25-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry if I am being dense :blush: but why do you need one???

Once the lids are down the hot plates are covered??

If you are cooking on them, then surely the kids are out of the kitchen??

I just keep lids down and ban the kids from coming through if they are under 5's :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
25-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't suppose you can do what I was told to do when I got a puppy - 'let her burn her nose once, she won't do it again!' :rolleyes:

There was an AGA where I was a Nanny and never guarded it from children, they learnt and left alone. I would RA that children are not in kitchen unsupervised

mandy moo
25-10-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't suppose you can do what I was told to do when I got a puppy - 'let her burn her nose once, she won't do it again!' :rolleyes:

There was an AGA where I was a Nanny and never guarded it from children, they learnt and left alone. I would RA that children are not in kitchen unsupervised

I have an oldish gas fire in my lounge, we've used prob'ly used it less than a dozen times in the 16 odd yrs we've been here.
I dont have a fire guard.
Same as knife and fork, sharp cutlery drawer in the kitchen, I taught my own kids, plus CM kids they dont open the drawers, Ofsted were happy with that.
I dont have an Aga tho, but if I did, well the kids wouldnt be left unsupervised.
so unless they were crawling IFYKWIM, no I dont think Id use afire guard.