PDA

View Full Version : What are the must haves for websites and leaflets / brochures / introduction packs?

Nature'sKids!
25-10-2011, 11:54 AM
On a website which pages aside from fees, about me, daily routine, policies should I not miss out? I'll have a gallery as I know visualising things really helps.

Do you have leaflets / business cards you hand out?
What do you put on them?

What about introductory packs / welcome packs.

I'm thinking of making some up, laminating them or putting them in presentation folders to leave at playgroups etc for parents to read through. Does anybody do this?

Also, what about posters etc? Like A4 size advertisements in libraries, playgroups etc?

What do you do, aside from search engine optimisation to get noticed? (when you start out and aren't known as a cm yet?)

I go to playgroups with my own regularly anyway and I am starting to act more like a cm and less like a mummy who's come for coffee lol.

What else can I do?

Thank you! :)

mammumof4
25-10-2011, 12:41 PM
hi didnt want to r&r. i am also looking for ideas so i will watch for replys if thats ok?
i used to use a really nice welcome that had loads of info about our day, meals, activities and toys ect but i lost it all when my laptop broke :(
im not sure i could make one as good and havent had the motivation to try since but i really should. not sure how many parents sat and read and how many got shoved to the back of a kitchen draw! :rolleyes: lol.

i am considering posters, cards ect but feel a bit overwhelmed with it all TBH :D

Nature'sKids!
25-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm specifically looking for what I can put into a flyer (one a4 sheet printed on both sides, folded in half) to hand out / use alongside business cards but which can hold a little more info. But without it being too overwhelming...

Playmate
25-10-2011, 01:39 PM
We just use business and post cards all printed by vista print. Don't have much info on them apart from contact details and website. Once people hit the webiste most of the info is there. We are currently putting together a transition booklet which will be left in our childrens centre, along with early years settings booklets. This will be very visual so children can understand it, but it will also give parents a bit of insight into what we are about.

feel free to take a look at our website, I know it often helps to see what others do :D

http://www.playfulmindschildminding.co.uk/

Hth :D

Bluebell
25-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Wow - what a lovely website and what a lovely setting you have too!

Playmate
25-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Wow - what a lovely website and what a lovely setting you have too!

Thank you Bluelion, Pauline built our website and I highly recomend her services :D

Maza
25-10-2011, 07:34 PM
It is a fantastic website. x

Bluebell
26-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I've seen a few of them and they're really good - I was cheapskate and used a free site and then added my own domain name to it (a techy friend just linked my domain address to the free site) Its useful as I can update it and change things whenever I like. I just upload more photos or edit the text as and when.

www.bluelionchildcare.co.uk

Playmate
26-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I've seen a few of them and they're really good - I was cheapskate and used a free site and then added my own domain name to it (a techy friend just linked my domain address to the free site) Its useful as I can update it and change things whenever I like. I just upload more photos or edit the text as and when.

www.bluelionchildcare.co.uk

Your website is fab! love some of your photos, much better photographer than me :D