PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping

JCrakers
25-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi all,

I've got a new starter 2yrs and mum said she doesnt always sleep in the day. Both days she's been here shes had an hour due to being tired/ getting cross etc.
Yesterday because mum said she doesn't really sleep she didn't go to sleep until 130pm but today as I knew she was getting tired I popped her to sleep at 11am
And she went straight to sleep. so it's all about getting into a routine.

On the two days she comes I've got a 2.5 yr old too who always sleeps about 11ish. It would be good for me if they both slept at the same time (like they are now) not only so I can get some paperwork completed but selfishly have a 10 min sit down with a coffee...(are we allowed to have a break :laughing: )
But also because the two of them didn't see each other yesterday from 11-2 because one of them was asleep. It would be nice if they would both go down together but mum has said if she does sleep then it's usually 130ish.

I know I've got to try and follow routines but would it be wrong to change her routine to fit in better with me :blush:

Becky

Nature'sKids!
25-10-2011, 11:21 AM
If she is tired and she goes to sleep when you put her down after following her cues then you are listening to her needs and I don't think that's wrong...

kel1983
25-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I mind 3x 2 year olds. There parents say they dont always have a sleep but if they are showing signs of needing a sleep I will put them down. I also try to get themm all to sleep at the same time othersie the I find my day is wasted. All mine tend to sleep for about an hour after lunch (1-2)

Maza
25-10-2011, 12:08 PM
If she slept then she must have needed it. My mindee only sleeps at mine and not at all for mum on his days when he is with mum. I think they get more tired in settings other than their own. Most nurseries have set sleep times - I know mum didn't choose a nursery, maybe for that reason, but see how it goes. x

Penny1959
25-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree with the others that is mindee is tired then she should be able to have a sleep.

It is only 'wrong' if you try to make her sleep when she does not want to - or keep her awake when she does want to sleep.

On of my mindees 21m and a twin does not need to sleep every day but always has quite time where she lies down and listens to some music - sometimes if tired she will fall asleep. Her twin sleeps every day.

Penny :)

Twinkle-Toes
25-10-2011, 12:58 PM
The 18 month little girl i have hardly ever sleeps for mum and if she does it's after 1pm ish.

When she's here she is nodding on the way back from school run!! She independently grabs her b; blanket and will head for the stairs or even (when i've tried to keep her up) just slept on the floor!!

Kids are more flexible with their routines then we think most of the time in my experience.

So, in short, if she's sleeping when you put her down and it fits in better then keep at it.