PDA

View Full Version : Blimey some people are just dur brains !

katie78
24-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I had a phone call last week from what i presume was a newly qualified person or even possibly someone just trying their luck with something new - here it goes!!

Last week -

Me - 'Hello'
Them - 'have you any spaces?'
Me - 'Could you let me know how old your children are please ?
Them - 'for a job'
Me - 'Im sorry i have just started up as a cm and cant offer you any work'!
Them - brrrrrrrrrrr phone down !!

Today -
Me - 'Hello'
Them - 'got any work'
Me - 'Im sorry i didnt catch that can you repeat it please?'
Them - brrrrrrrrrr phone down again !!!

Surely common sense would make you think of introducing yourself first, saying qualifications possibly or even that your interested in a carrer in childcare not just simply 'got a job' !!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

mufftie
25-10-2011, 06:10 AM
That's a bit odd isn't it ?

desiderata
25-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Thats a bit more odd than the one I got.

Yesterday I answered the phone and a lady said is that " s and I said yes then she said " Oh I have a 16 month old son and Im looking for a childminder " ok I said. then she went on to say she wanted to childmind too so wanted to find a childminder where she could bring her son with her and childmind from their house because she didnt want hers messed up !!!!!!!!!

I told her I wasnt available for that and to contact the local FIS and see if they could help.

Then I thought CHEEKY MARE !!! id love to do that too and keep my house tidy.

Lady Haha
25-10-2011, 07:24 AM

Yesterday I answered the phone and a lady said is that " s and I said yes then she said " Oh I have a 16 month old son and Im looking for a childminder " ok I said. then she went on to say she wanted to childmind too so wanted to find a childminder where she could bring her son with her and childmind from their house because she didnt want hers messed up !!!!!!!!!

I told her I wasnt available for that and to contact the local FIS and see if they could help.

Words fail me......

LittleMissSparkles
25-10-2011, 07:30 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: oh my gosh ..... the cheek of some people

charleyfarley
25-10-2011, 07:51 AM

Right who's got a hose I can childmind from and keep mine tidy??:laughing: :laughing:

Words fail me sometimes :eek:

Carol xx

Ripeberry
25-10-2011, 08:48 AM
I would have laughed at her down the phone :D

katie78
25-10-2011, 08:52 AM
I know everyone has to start somewhere and im all for new starts and what not but not even saying who they are just 'got a job' is not going to get them anywhere !
After the first call i was in utter shock with the way i was spoken to but the second time round i took pity on the poor girl and did 1471 to ring them back and give them some poiters but it was with held so i did try !

Maybe their mossy wet rock is fun and didnt really want to crawl out from under it but thought that they had best try something !

Nevermind huh !! :eek: :rolleyes:

teacake2
25-10-2011, 12:19 PM
There is an advert like that on childcare.co.uk local to me at the moment, I couldn't understand what they wanted at first, but reading it I think she is offering herself as a childcare professional!!!
Teacake2