PDA

View Full Version : childminding from rented housing??

donnamarie2
24-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi , It's a long sorry tale but basically my marriage is over and i'm going to have to move out into a rented house with the children.
It will be through an estate agent as all the decent places round here are, should i ask them first before i book a viewing if i would be able to do childminding there ? and do you think most people will say no ? i have 3 children and mind 3 .
Also would i have to show ofsted written permission from the landlord?
If anyone has any experience of this and can offer any advice i'd be gratefull.

Penny1959
24-10-2011, 09:17 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news - but lots of people mind from rented houses including my daughter.

Yes I would mention it in the first place - as you could waste a lot of time looking at places that either not suitable for childminding or the landlord objects.

Advise you have landlords permission in writing - but don't think Ofsted need to see it.

I hope you manage to sort things out

Penny :)

anthea jane
24-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I mind form a rented house, at first the the letting agents objected,but I was told it is down to the landlord not them. I asked them to ask landlord who thankfully agreed!!! Ofsted did ask me if I had permission,which I do,in writing.

If any agents so no as its 'running a business' which is not allowed ask them can they ask landlord/lady and get a claus put in contract. Mine states I have to have all the valid insurances ect... I also mentioned to landlord that the house would be more looked after, and ofsted,environmental health ect..inspect.

Anthea

Emily'bubbles
24-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I also mind from a rented house but it's council had to obtain permission from them which I was surprised they was happy to give. Sent copy of written permission off to Ofsted and they was happy for me to mind.

karen m
24-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I mind from a rented house,i asked landlord before viewing so as not to waste their time or mine ,they had no problem with it their words "we all have to earn a living"

donnamarie2
24-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi, thanks for your replys i've rung the estate agent this afternoon and he is asking the owner for me before i view so i haven't wasted my time.