PDA

View Full Version : Just had my first enquiry!!!!!

jessie1
14-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I just had a call from a mom with a 14 week old baby and wants me to look after her beginning October baby will only be 8 months or so. My baby will be a year on 28th October. I did say that I do not want another baby as she is my first but I cant let work go.
Firstly has anyone had 2 little ones so close to age and so young and how did u manage to cope?
In the mean time I will be working from home for my work from June until December, just to cover myself incase I did not have mindees to earn some extra cash. Have agreed with work only this afternoon that I will work until December covering a colleague's Maternity Leave. Am I allowed to do childminding if I am working 25 hours a week for my work?

littlesprogs
14-05-2008, 05:45 PM
You would not be able to take on the baby until your son reaches 1 so wouldnt be able to start looking after her till November iyswim. Ofsted do not allow you to look after 2 babies under 1 at the same time unless you ask for a variation and ofsted normally only do this for continuity of care which in this case it is not.

You would have to work your childminding around your other job i think.

jessie1
14-05-2008, 05:55 PM
If I did agree it would be until after my daughter's birthday so it would be in November. She did say that she will talk to work about extending her leave maybe even till December but she not sure if she can until december. She is coming round to mine tomorrow. Nice thing was a Childminder that retires in September recommended me.

sarah707
14-05-2008, 07:18 PM
That was kind of the other childminder :D

You can work in as many jobs as you want so that's not an issue. You just need to fill in more tax return boxes... :rolleyes:

Trouble
14-05-2008, 07:25 PM
i have 2 under one 1 is 11 months old active and a dream the other is 8 months needs to be carried and screams constantly when you dont

it is very hard having two babies under 1 if on the settling in period it doesnt feel good walk away theirs always others but dont take on too much.

i have given notice to the other 8 month old as i couldnt stand it anymore 2 months of it was enought to, admit im defeted, but i did it for my sanity and admire anyone who does do it.

you might find its a lovely baby but have lots of settling in days, start in august just to make sure youll know by the end of august if its right

good luck

d

Cazz
14-05-2008, 10:09 PM
It probably won't be that bad - they'll be similar ages developmental wise but you won't really know until you have had the mindee. Get hold of a double buggy so that you can go out for lots of walks!

I have twins of my own and tbh I found it was quite easy as they had each other to amuse. At least with a mindee you can terminate the contract if you really need to - something you can't do with your own twins!

Good luck

Carole x

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Good luck hope it works out

Angel xx