PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!

Wenz
23-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone

im new to this forum, im looking to start childminding but havent a clue where to start :?

Im so confused i have done loads of research and reading but nothing is helping me with the first step. How can i become a childminder?

Can someone please give me the steps to follow and who i need to talk to.
I live in Southampton, and the council website is not very helpful, i know i need to do the pre reg class but dont know when and where or costs and what do i do from there.

Thanks very very much :D

JennaG
23-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Your local council (give them a call) should be able to help you with details of the briefing you need to attend, from there you will do the pre-reg course (which is free) plus a first aid course (£45).
They will give you ur ofsted forms to become registered (£35) they will visit you and decided whether to register you or not.

You will need all your toys/books etc etc

Jen xx

Playmate
23-10-2011, 05:00 PM
firstly welcome to the forum :clapping:

All local authorities are different, some are paying for pre reg courses and first aid etc and some certainly are not :panic: I would google the number of your local familiy Information service, they should be able to give you the correct information for your area. Good luck :D

xgemx
23-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes defiantly contact your local fis as the prices vary quite a bit and then your no for defiant

miffy
23-10-2011, 08:36 PM
This might help you

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/living/scchildren/scis.aspx

Miffy xx