PDA

View Full Version : Fell Down The Stairs :-(

brit_chick
14-05-2008, 05:39 PM
K who is 2 fell down the stairs last night at his house.He fell down the last 3 steps.He has got a big bruse on his cheek & a black eye & it looks a mess :( He is ok tho. Bless Him

flora
14-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Glad he is ok,

probably won't be the last time though bless him

Pipsqueak
14-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Ouch - poor thing. Glad he is ok, small children tend to bounce way more than we would do!

sarah707
14-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Awww, poor little man :(

I remember when my ds did it - the sickening crunch of skull against floor was awful...

Lots of extra hugs needed xx

avril
14-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Glad he's ok although a little bruised.

manjay
14-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Glad he is ok! as said they do tend to bounce at that age. When my ds did it he bit his tongue. By the time we managed to calm him it looked like I had committed murder. there was blood everywhere

Hope his bruises get better soon

amanda xx

Pauline
14-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Thought you meant you!! :eek:

Poor llittle chap though, hope he is soon feeling better :)

jaja
14-05-2008, 07:29 PM
OUCH, my ds was about a year old when we moved from a flat into a house, a week later me and hubby were moving stuff about and the stair gate was open when he managed to climb up half way, we rushed to him and he fell down the stairs hitting each spindle as he went, well we cried, he cried and then we went to a and e for a check up. It was horrible!!!!!:blush: :blush: and we felt so bad, the gate should have been shut! we learnt our lesson and ds never tried the stairs again.

Bless him hope he feels better soon xx

miffy
14-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Aaah bless him - hope he's soon on the mend

miffy xx

Spangles
14-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Bless his heart, bet that really scared him.

Poor little man.

emler
14-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh no! I hope he is better soon - poor wee soul

Emler x

Heaven Scent
14-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I thought it was you too so glad it wasn't but poor little chap hope he's better soon. My DS did the same when he was 4 the night before he went to his primary school for a pre-start visit. He lost his footing on the top step and he just seemed to tumble and tumble in the air and then it looked as though he was about to crash to the tiled hall floor head first with his back crashing into a daft boxed in feature the builders put there to hide the soil pipe for the en-suite. My DH was on my DD's bed reading her a story I still remember it all going in slow motion and I turned to DH and said 'he's gone my baby's gone' and when I turned around he was on the carpeted stairs and was relatively Ok except for a couple of bruises and he was a bit shuck up I don't remember much about that part. He still remembers it well and brings it up every now and again he also remembers me shouting that to my husband - I was probably quite hysterical when I spoke - it was nearly 9 years ago now so don't remember much after that or if he was crying or anything I can just still hear myself saying what I did and can still see DH with DD and can still see him sumersaulting through the air he didn't touch any steps until he reached the bottom - unlike when his mother has fallen down the stairs after a skinful I always get tangled up in the uprights in the bannister to make things worse.

Little ones do heal (or forget about pain) so much more easily than we adults do - well most of them do.

disney
15-05-2008, 02:24 AM
oh poor thing :littleangel: my mindee came last week her eye was cut & bruised she fell off a patio chair at her home in the garden . you do feel for them dont you x

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Hope he is feeling ok today ?

Angel xx

mum22
15-05-2008, 06:59 AM
My mindee is off to a wedding this week, i was paranoid all week that she would do her usual falling over nothing and end up with bruises cuts in obvious places - whoppee - she didnt no trips slips or falls this week - not here rest of week - am so relieved as didnt want to see her in photos with black eyes etc......:laughing:

helen

brit_chick
15-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I have had him today & hes been fine,his face just looks a mess - Bless Him

lizzymoonshine
15-05-2008, 07:01 PM
i remember falling down the stairs while i was minding and the little boy who was 4 at the time said "why did you do that, we couldn't hear the tele!" well i had told them it was quiet time! :)