PDA

View Full Version : could i still childmind

mummyto2randc
22-10-2011, 08:06 PM
hi ladies i used to be a registered childminder and stopped several years ago i now have 2 children aged 1 and 3 and twins due jan , i am thinking of registering to start childminding next sep when ds1 goes to school ( looking at after school only , due to having 3 under 3 myself) , do you think i will be able to ????

Chatterbox Childcare
23-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Can't see why not but your couldn't have any under 5's until you eldest was at school full time but if there is demand for after school then go for it

Penny1959
23-10-2011, 04:55 AM
There is no reason why you could not register to look after school age children.

However you ned to think it through carefully as the needs of the school age children will be different to that of your own little ones - maybe think about just caring for the year group of your eldest (once at school) so only two age groups to think about.

Also bear in mind the cost to re register and the the on going costs - make sure it is worth the effort.

I hope all works out for you - and good luck with the twins arrival in Jan.

Penny :)

mummyto2randc
23-10-2011, 09:32 AM
thanks not worried about catering for older children as still have some bits from being registered previously (currently working as reg nanny to older kids) just wasnt sure if i go go thru reg process whilst on mat leave as my own 4 will all be under 4 even though not looking to start till sep12 when ds1 goes to school (they go f/t from 3 weeks ).

also what paperwork would i need to complete for school aged children apart from contracts/health info ?