View Full Version : 'childcare on a non- domestic premises.

22-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Silly question that I probably know the answer to: if you care for children say in a church hall/ scout hut. Can you still be classed as a childminder? Or are you then a nursery/something else?

22-10-2011, 11:31 AM
No, you're a nursery / preschool / playgroup.

22-10-2011, 11:34 AM
No, you're a nursery / preschool / playgroup.


I think there is a factsheet on the ofsted website about childcare on non-domestic premises.....

Chatterbox Childcare
22-10-2011, 01:46 PM
you can childmind on non domestic premises but check out the rates etc as you would be a business if no one is living there

22-10-2011, 06:19 PM
This is the link to the Ofsted fact sheet


To be a childminder you have to work from a domestic premises - ie someones home.

You can of course work as a childcarer in a hall or similar - but it is different regulations including business side.

Penny :)