PDA

View Full Version : to register again

vicki1
21-10-2011, 09:44 PM
hi ladies i became at childminder in 2008 gave up begin of the year but miss working with the children but my question is how do i start up again do i have to do the progess of registering again ie doing the course again having ofsted out again etc or do you think i can just pay my registeration fee to ofsted and thats it
thanks for reading

Happy Bunny
21-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Think you will have to do the course again.
I gave up then came back to it and had to do the whole lot again, it was quite a few years ago so rules may have changed. Someone with more knowledge than me might come along soon and tell you.

jayjay1963
21-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I think it depends on whether you actually deregistered with Ofsted or just stopped doing the job.

blue bear
22-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Contact your liCal authority before ringing ofsted, a childminder I know had a break and went through the re registration only to be told by the d/o she didn't need to and should have contacted them first

Penny1959
22-10-2011, 05:54 PM
If you have de registered - yes will have to start again- however it will depend on when you did the course - ie before Sept 08 or after Sept 08 when EYFS came in - if you have to do it again.

If you have not told Ofsted that stopped childminding - and so in effect are still registered you can just start looking for mindees- of course making sure you have first aid, insurance ect.

Penny :)

missymood
22-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Call Ofsted first as they are much quicker than ncma sometimes!

You may have to do the new course to get the funding in your area
Good luck:thumbsup:

vicki1
26-10-2011, 12:13 PM
hi ladies i have spoken to ofsted and i have to do it all again great oh well