PDA

View Full Version : Do you use your own contracts or NCMA/others?

vix84
14-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi, I think my NCMA membership is coming up for renewal, not sure about re-joining really. The only reason for joining is because it is easier to get public liability through them, plus all the contracts etc. But Im sure it wouldnt be hard to shop around for the public liability etc.

Im thinking of doing my own contracts etc. as it seems quite expensive to get all the contracts/registers/accounts books etc. when in theory I can just buy a big reciept type book and do it all in there. (and copy the NCMA ones:o )
But.....if I do rejoin the NCMA do I have to use there products (thinking that if ever there is a contract dispute, and I havent used theres, I will not get legal representation)

sarah707
14-05-2008, 05:14 PM
You can get insurance from either ncma or Morton Michel...

You can get insurance from MM and still join ncma if you want to be a member ...

You can use your own contracts with MM... you need to use ncma ones if you are insured by ncma.

MM have an online magazine in association with creative Steps and an informative newsletter ... ncma have their magazine which they send out.

If it's a purely financial decision, MM are cheaper. :D

vix84
14-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks, have just discovered the insurance board:blush: So will post on there now

vix84
14-05-2008, 05:40 PM
PS - for those of you who do not use a membership scheme etc. do you do your own contracts? I have run out of NCMA ones, so am happy to creat my own, and will do childrens info. forms etc. too.
But what about the accident and medication forms - do you design your own or buy them from somewhere? And do you give duplicates to parents (that seems complicated to make a accident form and print it with a duplicate sheet???) or just get them to sign and you keep the copy yourself?

sarah707
14-05-2008, 07:20 PM
You need to give parents a copy - I photocopy them on my printer.

Yes lots of us make our own paperwork. :D

Pauline
14-05-2008, 07:30 PM
PS - for those of you who do not use a membership scheme etc. do you do your own contracts? I have run out of NCMA ones, so am happy to creat my own, and will do childrens info. forms etc. too.
But what about the accident and medication forms - do you design your own or buy them from somewhere? And do you give duplicates to parents (that seems complicated to make a accident form and print it with a duplicate sheet???) or just get them to sign and you keep the copy yourself?

I design all my own paperwork.

Contracts I use carbon paper between and keep the original for myself and give the carbon copy to parents.

All other stuff like permission forms etc. I just get them to sign and keep myself. The information is all detailed in the policies which parents get to keep so they don't really need a copy of the actual form.

vix84
14-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Being thick here, but when you say you use a carbon copy in between, do you mean you WRITE out the contracts with the carbon copy in between every time? I was going to print them, but would have to get parents to fill in two contracts, so I may photocopy