PDA

View Full Version : Photos of observations

Lear
21-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Two of my mindees were playing with the toy kitchen - there were many areas of the EYFS during play so I thought I'd take a quick photo to support my notes. Even though both girls are in the photo will it be OK to print two and put one each in their Learning Journals (or is it not right to have another child featured in a child's notes)

mollywendy
21-10-2011, 08:59 PM
hi i had 2 little one's same age, they done every think together so i took the same photo for both of them and did almost the same eyfs on them,i was told it was fine.:)

sarah707
21-10-2011, 09:04 PM
You should already have written permission from parents for including children's photos in their learning journeys and an agreement about what will happen if you have taken photos which feature more than one child.

Some parents might prefer their child's face blurred out in another child's LJ photo while some are ok about it.

But you do need to check it with parents first. hth :D

rosebud
22-10-2011, 07:39 AM
I would also check with both sets of parents too. I don't have anything in writing (just general permission for taking photos) but I would just check verbally whether they mind their childs photo being included in others learning journeys. I have never had one say no as parents understand that its important for their own child to have pictures of their friends (other mindees) included in their own learning journey but its their child so their choice.

hollyberry
22-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I have a specific permission for their child's picture in a learning journey, and another one for if another child is playing with them would they mind if I included their child's image as well as it may be to show how well they were sharing or cooperating in play - if they don't want their picture in with the other child I would blur it for them.

mufftie
22-10-2011, 01:32 PM
i love group photos , and aslong as you have the general permission to take them then i cant see a problem

Chatterbox Childcare
22-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I have permission from all parents for their children to be in other children's files/given out to parents

uf353432
29-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I recently reviewed my photo permission form from a very generic check list to a more in depth - with specific examples and included where I would and where I wouldn't use a childs name. I redrafted it into a much more comprehensive permission form and distributed to all parents. As long as your permission form specifically says that child x may appear in another childs learning journal - then you are fine to proceed. If your's doesn't i'd urge you to relook at your photo permissions form and do something much more comprehensive so that you have more freedom to use the pictures you take especially as it will save you work in the long run and show to parents how their child forms relationships and works within group activities.