PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get paid through college ?

snowqueen
14-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Soe advice is needed for a parent and myself:D

fionamal
14-05-2008, 04:57 PM
One of my previous parents went to local college and i got paid directly into my bank account by the college at the end of every month . the college only paid a % and the parent then paid me the balance in cash.

snowqueen
14-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Thx.
Did they pay a retainer in the long summer holidays

sarah707
14-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Highly unlikely... but then they'll all be different.

I suggest you contact the college accounts dept, someone there should know.

Good luck :D

snowqueen
14-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok thanks.We already have contacted them, they said they dont pay retainer during the summer holidays. Oh well:)

susi513
21-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I haven't been paid by a college but I have been paid by other 3rd parties like employers. The way it worked for me was that the contract was entirely between me and the parents - they would either pay me and get reimbursed by the 3rd party or they would pass on my invoices to 3rd party for payment.

Either way its always been the parent's responsibility to ensure I am paid on time and to pay my late payment fees if I'm not paid.

If they request the 3rd party is billed direct then the 3rd party should be signing the contract or a separate written agreement ie, agreeing to your terms of payment/late payment fees etc. AFIK you can only pursue the people who signed the contract for non-payment.

Mrs.L.C
22-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Iv got a parent at college and I invoice the college the college send me a cheque. They pay % and mum pays the rest. Only problem I have found is I never know when Im going to get it. it is usualy halfway through the month so in arrears but I know I will eventualy get it.

I have a term time only contract with the parent as the college wont pay during the holidays but this works out well because then I have the extra spaces for the after school children who require school holiday care who are also contracted term time only. Some holidays can be quiet but this works well for me as then I know I will get a break and can spend some time with my own family even though it is unpaid

snowqueen
04-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone. Its all sorted. No college dont pay during the 6 weeks holidays.

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I work with Adult Education so not exactly the same. I invoice them in arrears and get paid about 2 weeks later (unless I cock up the invoice as I did this month). They have sent out a letter about paying stright into my bank account so am aiming to do this in September

My contract is with the parent and it states that AE pay the bill.

deeb66
13-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone. Its all sorted. No college dont pay during the 6 weeks holidays.

Sorry.....if I had seen this earlier I could have answered for you.

College usually pays for all other holidays but as students finish the academic year in June/July then that year is over hence way they won't pay.