PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for photo/picture wall hanging

butterfly
21-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I've just bought a pack of 32 canvas squares which each hold a 6x4" photo/picture from Yellow Moon. Each square will have a photo/picture and then has a border round the outside which can be painted/decorated. The squares can then be fastened together in strips or as a wall hanging.

The question is WHAT to do with them!

I was thinking each child does a picture of themselves so the hanging show's who's in the setting

or

every child has a few squares so they have one with a photo of them, one of their family, one of their pet etc and they hang as a strip for each child

or

we use them to show what we do to make this a 'healthy' setting with photos of us doing things and then the older ones decorate

or

we show what we could have as our '5 a day' by putting photos of fruits and veg in them and decorating

The list is endless!!

Does anyone have any good ideas?

here's the link http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/cat_id/ARTSFABR/product-Patchwork-Photo-Wall-Hanging-N474.htm

so you can see what i mean!

chez
21-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Love it!
Ive seen one where you decrotate it with paint but never the photo one.

As a new setting i want to take a photo of each child who comes into the setting and add their name making a hanging for the childrens bedroom wall.
This would be perfect thanks!

miffy
21-10-2011, 10:43 AM
That's lovely - I'd definitely use some for a "who comes here" display - one for each of the children and you/your family and keep a few spares for new children.

I'd use 12 squares to make a calendar showing pictures of something the children had done each month - this could be re-used each year.

Any left over squares I'd use to make a display to fit in with whatever we were doing - number line, shapes, colours, autumn etc etc

As you say the possibilities are endless :D

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
21-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Great suggestions made!!! Just looked at it and it is lovely - may have to think about one of those myself :blush: