PDA

View Full Version : What happens at the pre reg visit?

claire250182
21-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Hi girls
I am expecting my visit in the next month or so, so just need advice as to what I should be doing and what to expect?

I am currently typing my p & ps up and I hope to have my parent pack finished so that I can show them.

Do I need to buy everything before they come? I.e toys, highchairs etc....

Any help is much appreciated Thanks x

Shamai
21-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I had pre-reg inspection last Friday and I found the hardest bit was the questions about EYFS. My advice would be to fill out the form that came with your Ofsted application forms entitled "Early Years Register - preparing for your registration visit" as this was covered very thoroughly and you need to be able to show you are aware of the framework. It was fine to refer to notes during the inspection. As I only had two days' notice, I hadn't bought anything but had to talk through what I needed to buy - stairgates, first aid kit, fire blanket, cupboard locks etc. I was so nervous beforehand but the lady was so helpful and gave me great advice/tips throughout the inspection. I don't want to ramble on but give me a shout if you need any more help.

les1
21-10-2011, 03:15 PM
We had our prereg last week. The lady was very friendly and put us at our ease. She looked in each room including those that were not being registered. She also looked at the garden.

Most of the time was spent on the questions in the "preparing for your visit booklet" that you should have. As myself and husband are both registering she was here for 4 and a half hours.

We did not have all equipment such as baby gates as may not need them depending on ages of children we care for. We went through an argos catalogue and marked items we would buy for each age group (A tip we got off this forum). This was fine, we just talked her through our choices.
Hope the visit goes well for you.:)

les1
21-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I should have also said that she looked at the risk assessments we had written up for each room.

She also looked at each of the policies and procedures we had written up and left us with some small changes to make.

If you are going to use a car your inspector may look at your MOT and insurance documents. We don't yet have business insurance and she was happy with that.

Our CYPOP 5 course certificates were looked at as well aas the first aid certificates.
She also wanted to see the CRB's that we had had back and some identity documents as listed in the "preparing for your visit" booklet.

I think that's it.