PDA

View Full Version : Help! Halloween ideas for my first obs plan - level 3

SamBaker
20-10-2011, 07:12 PM
My mind has gone totally blank, I have my first obs next Monday and i need to plan what I am going to do. So I'm using the halloween theme, pretty obvious one, but need to think of some ideas to combine all the ares of development.
I'm going to be having a little halloween party so the children can make decorations in the morning and do some cooking (when my assessor was meant to be coming!) and then some games and fun in the afternoon (which is now when she IS coming!) So far I have come up with apple bobbing, and guess what all I can is??? Do i need to risk assess this lol!??
ANy ideas to push me in the right direction would be hugely appreciated!!

sarah707
20-10-2011, 07:47 PM
What's the time mr ghost?

Pin the tail on the witch's cat

Read a book about halloween or witches (worst witch, meg and mog)

decorate pumpkins - pictures or real ones

Those sorts of things? And yes I'd do a RA for apple bobbing, anything with water needs careful RAs.

Hth :D

SamBaker
20-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Just found a brilliant variation for apple bobbing, using the small ball pool balls, a cardboard box and a box of smarties, probably a bit safer for the one year old lol!

loocyloo
20-10-2011, 08:27 PM
how about a ( blindfolded? ) feely game?

cooked spaghetti in a bit of oil ( intestines! ), bowl of lychees ( eyeballs ), jelly ( brain?!!! ) ... can't think of any more offhand.

trying to eat a marshmallow out of a plate of flour only using your mouth? (even funnier if you have a drink before hand and then the flour sticks to you!)

i've hung bagels up on a string and you have to try and take a bite without using your hands.

have fun!

Happy Bunny
20-10-2011, 09:10 PM
How about letting them scoop the seeds out of a pumpkin and say what it feels like.
Draw faces on the pumpkin using dry wipe pens.