PDA

View Full Version : mindee full on punched my son!

lulubelle
20-10-2011, 05:58 PM
as title says my 5 yr old mindee full on punched my 2 yr old son today! myself and other mindee were still sitting at the table after tea and were totally shocked! son honestly done nothing to mindee! i told him off, sat on thinking step and was made to apologise and i told mum it was delt with etc.
mum then told him off again!!!

after all that i then went to change my teething baby who had a horendous nappy which was everywhere!!! not a good day!

Zoomie
20-10-2011, 06:06 PM
:(

I think I would be seriously mad.

Hopefully both your children are okay now :group hug:

kindredspirits
21-10-2011, 06:43 AM
tbh if I saw a 5 year old doing that with absolutely no provocation i'd either give notice on the spot or tell parents that one more similar incident and he won't be back in the setting. hope your 2 year old is ok!!!

onceinabluemoon
21-10-2011, 07:05 AM
tbh if I saw a 5 year old doing that with absolutely no provocation i'd either give notice on the spot or tell parents that one more similar incident and he won't be back in the setting. hope your 2 year old is ok!!!

snap! (the bit in red)

AliceK
21-10-2011, 08:34 AM

I would be either giving notice or make it clear this is a final warning. I wouldn't expect that kind of behaviour from a 5yr old to a 2yr old :angry:

xxxx

Pipsqueak
21-10-2011, 08:56 AM
After checking child was ok I would be ringing the parents and telling them to come and collect. I would then be seriously considering whether to have this child back.

Never will my children feel uncomfortable or be attacked in their own home in my presence. Nor will my mindees have to witness anything like that

I think if I chose to give a chance they would be on an immediate dismissal if anything like that was to happen again.

Hope your young'un is fine.

ORKSIE
21-10-2011, 09:01 AM
After checking child was ok I would be ringing the parents and telling them to come and collect. I would then be seriously considering whether to have this child back.

Never will my children feel uncomfortable or be attacked in their own home in my presence. Nor will my mindees have to witness anything like that

I think if I chose to give a chance they would be on an immediate dismissal if anything like that was to happen again.

Totally agree Pip.

I also hope your LO is ok.

xx

Tatjana
21-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Totally agree with this.

Nature'sKids!
21-10-2011, 11:50 AM
What's this child usually like?
Could it be that something completely unrelated has been bothering him and he felt frustrated and didn't know how to deal with all his pent up emotions?
Maybe it seemed unprovoked to you but looking at it from the child's POV he maybe felt like his space was being invaded.

I'm NOT saying he was ok to hit anyone. What I am saying is that there IS usually a reason. Even if it was to hurt, the reason behind why he wanted to hurt needs to be explored and dealt with. Has he been with you long? Has he been in care since he was little? How is he in school? Has he had consistent care or had it constantly changed? All
This could give clues as to how and why he felt he needed to lash out.

Or maybe it was a one off, bad day. We all havethem. While we've learnt not to lash out as adults we would probably be quickerto dish out some French to those around us for the tiniest little thing.

He's 5 and still has a lot to learn.

No. It's not nice, seeing your child being hurt but terminating te contract for this hold to be moved (again, maybe?) and not exploring but totally ignoring why he did it won't to the child any favours.