PDA

View Full Version : HAND FOOT & MOUTH

CarolineCJ
20-10-2011, 04:36 PM
OK need some assistance my after school child has just told me her mum, and little brother have hand foot & mouth.

This child doesn't and has been to school today, I understand that the brother is in nursery and mum is at work and this broke out this week. I also look after 2 other children.

What would your advice be exclude the girl who hasn't yet got it?

NCMA are shut for advice.

Thank you.

FussyElmo
20-10-2011, 04:45 PM
You cant really exclude a child just incase they get it. She may not ever catch it.

You could ask mum if she would keep her at home but I would say you couldnt really charge her :thumbsup:

funemnx
20-10-2011, 05:45 PM
We've had a lot of HFM around our area lately. Two of my mindees had it a couple of years ago, but were fine in themselves - I didn't exlude at the time

Helen Dempster
20-10-2011, 09:21 PM
3 of my mindees have recently had this. 2yo mum texted me on the Sunday to say he had it, so I excluded him on the Monday, she decided to keep him home on the Tuesday and he was back Weds. The other 2yo was off for 3 days, as that's what the GP advised her mum (I didn't exclude tho) and the other mindee was off a couple of days cos he felt really poorly with it. It all depends on the parents/setting whether or not to exclude. You're at your most contagious before the spots come out though....so how do you know?

singlewiththree
21-10-2011, 06:35 AM
I had it 2 weeks ago and so did my family I just followed strict hygiene procedures, you aren't contagious when you have the spots so its not like you can exclude. I was lucky I just had it on my feet, mouth and bum!!! not my hands