PDA

View Full Version : Hello

OakTree
20-10-2011, 01:49 PM
:waving:
Hello I am new here just wanted to say what a brilliant forum this is and how helpful everyone is :D

I haven't even started to fill in the registration forms yet but will do very soon.
Just wanted to ask when you fill out the forms does everything need to be in place already e.g training, safety equipment etc.

OakTree

xxx

sandy64
20-10-2011, 05:19 PM
hi and welcome to the forum hope you get lots of help and enjoy chatting:) in answer to your question fill the forms in. then you will get to go on a prereg course and get all the help and info you need to start childmnding, good luck

butterfly
20-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I think it depends a little on which area you're in. Here in Devon you don't get your forms until you've attended a pre-reg course.

I don't believe you need everything in place even when the registration inspector comes out to you - you just need to be able to explain what you'd do and what you'd need to get.

I did had everything ready but that was because I wanted to start minding on the day my certificate arrived!!

Penny1959
20-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello and welcome

It will depend on which area you live in as to what support you get and how things are done.

You do not have to have everything in place before sending the forms or before your pre reg inspector comes out - however by the time the pre reg inspector does come out you will need to know whhat you plan to do and all about the EYFS.

Ofsted have just produced an updated fact sheet Are you ready for your inspection this is the link

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/are-you-ready-for-your-inspection-guide-inspections-of-provision-ofsteds-childcare-and-early-years-r

Penny :)

breezy
20-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi and welcome :)

OakTree
20-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Thank you for the lovely warm welcomes :D

I stay in Scotland, are things alot different up here?

Also I was thinking of doing a CACHE level 3 course would I be better to wait until I am registered and hopefully have mindee's or better to start it whilst I am still registering?

Sorry for all the questions!

xxxx

Penny1959
21-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Thank you for the lovely warm welcomes :D

I stay in Scotland, are things alot different up here?

Also I was thinking of doing a CACHE level 3 course would I be better to wait until I am registered and hopefully have mindee's or better to start it whilst I am still registering?

Sorry for all the questions!

xxxx

Yes things are quite different in Scotland - it might be an idea to put a post asking for advice from those who live in Scotland.

Penny :)