PDA

View Full Version : Working with other settings

JCrakers
20-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Ive just taken on a 2yr old 1 day a week who also goes to nursery 1 day a week. My working with settings letter was given to parents and a letter for them to pass onto the nursery as I dont have any contact with them.
I explained to parents the importance and that if nursery do a diary it would be great for me to see it so I can see what mindee has done at nursery the previous day.
The next session the parents included a slip of paper from the nursery in my diary which was fantastic to see. It had activities she had taken part in, what she had eaten, nappy changes,
Fantastic I thought.....:D Now I can plan activities around this too and also look at meals so Im not giving her the same food.

Then for the next 3 weeks...nothing :rolleyes:

That lasted long...:laughing:

Becky x

boxtree7
20-10-2011, 10:26 AM
You got some information thats great ... I am still waiting acknowledgement from my letter introducing my myself etc. (passed it into nursery September)

sarah707
20-10-2011, 06:39 PM
I am still waiting for acknowledgement from a nursery I approached but don't visit in September too :rolleyes:

Maybe follow up with a letter thanking them for their input and asking for something specific like a snack list or activities plan for next half term.

Hth :D

josiebumpkin
20-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi

I have a similar situation and what I did was suggest the nursery and I share the diary instead of them using a paper day sheet.

So now they write in the two days and I write in the two days so we can all see whats happening and its working really well.

loocyloo
20-10-2011, 07:09 PM
it may be the nursery send the sheet home every day ( i know some who do this ) and its the parents who have not put it in the bag for you?

would nursery be able to email you their planning or something?

i have a LO who attends nursery too, and they have only just returned the 'working in partnership' form, as they don't sort out keyworkers and the like until a few weeks into term! ( so who on earth does the child 'bond' with when they start?! :rolleyes: anyway! ) i don't have any dealings with nursery, but have arranged to pop in one day to say hello!

stardust
20-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I have a communication book where myself, mum and the school all write in what weve done. I askedthe school for a copy of their topics and they have given me one x so far so good!

Joda
20-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I use a notebook for each child to share info between settings. This started off really well at the beginning of term - the nursery I drop off at wrote in it every week for 3 weeks and it was really useful. However, they haven't written in it for 2 weeks now as they are too busy. The playgroup that one of the mindee's goes to was very keen on the idea when I popped in to ask them, but they have since told mum that they haven't got time to be filling things in for childminders!
I keep filling the notebook in - just so I can prove to Ofsted I'm trying to work with other settings. I've also taken photo's of the notebooks just in case they disappear!

Happy Bunny
20-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Our school is lovely, we get a termly topics theme sheet plus a home communication book to be shared between us all.
Wish all school were like this, one past one refused to even talk to me.