PDA

View Full Version : Does any one else find this?

Becci26
20-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi,

I am pre reg at the mo but wanting to get some children lined up if possible.

I have emailed 3 parents this week in response to their ads on childcare.co.uk and have heard NOTHING from any of them :( I realise they are not in the same village as me but am of the thinking that if it were me I would explore all options and be willing to travel down the road for the right CM. But I find it quite rude that none of them have replied, even just to say thanks but no thanks IYSWIM.

Oh well, at least I'm not utterly desperate atm! :panic:

Penny1959
20-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I found lots did not reply to me - but then some did - months later.

It could be that they are not yet ready to take the next step - but are 'testing the water' so to speak
or they could need a childminder now - so not getting back as they can't wait until restration is complete

or they could be looking for someone nearer, with more experience, with other children already in the setting - and oh a thousand different things.

My advice - is keeping trying - it will ork out in the end - and yes I did get business from childcare.co -in the end

Penny :)

JCrakers
20-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I have contacted a lot of parents on chidcare. I had one reply to say thanks for your message but I ma now sorted, she'd only registered a couple of days previously and I thought it strange that she hadnt even given me a chance at all.
I emailed another who worked in town and had to basically pass my house on the way home...nothing.
So now I havent renewed my membership from the response Ive had. A simple reply of thanks or no thanks would be good but obviously not

Mummits
20-10-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree. It's one of those things that really winds me up! I think if you have gone to the trouble to contact them and offer a service -in response to their advertising a need after all, not just out of the blue - then they should at least have the manners to send a polite thanks but no thanks sort of reply. But apparently a minute at the keyboard is too much effort for some people. Comfort yourself that their children would probably have been rude too!

Mrs Pootle
20-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Unfortunately there are a number of people out there with no manners, who simply don't realise it is rude not to reply, even just to say "no thanks".

Don't take it to heart, if they don't reply they are missing out, and do you really want to work with someone who doesn't have basis manners?

buzzy bee
20-10-2011, 12:56 PM
People are so rude!! Especially the ones who make appointments to come and see you and then don't turn up, but don't even have the courtesy to call or text to tell you they're not coming. Very infuriating!

mgtrem
20-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I know the feeling - I was in the process fo arranging for a family to come and visit after a few emails to and fro and then just heard nothing back - not even, thanks but we're sorted. I've had no response quite a few times - very frustrating. But then again a lovely family found me on childcare.co.uk so i suppose you gotta be grateful that you dont end up working with the ones that are too rude to reply!!

Beccles26
22-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Hello, Unfortunately its just part of the course, there are a lot of rude people out there. I have emailed about 10 people on childcare.co.uk, had 4 replies, 2 let me down after arranging to come visit me, one start and then not pay and 1 that is lovely and uses me for 10 hrs a week, its not a lot and really not helping to pay the bills, but its a start, I have also had people enquire via my web site then not get back in touch and others arrange to come and see me after seeing my advert in local paper but just not turn up!! You have to keep positive.

Rosy Days
22-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Hiya, yes I've had the same problem and other childminders I speak to have as well. I've contacted lots and lots of parents on childcare and the majority of them never reply, however its not all bad as my last two mindees have come from childcare and both lovely children from lovely families. It does amaze me though how many people don't reply! Hope you get something good from it soon, just hang in there x :)

Ripeberry
22-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Ditto about other CMs :( They should know better.

mummyMia
23-10-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't recall ever having got a 'no thanks' message from anybody. I think it is just one of those things. If they are not interested they just don't get back to you. I try not to take it personally. I suppose it is no different to all those times when I have had builders/plumbers/etc. come round for quotes but have never got back to them to say no thanks:blush:

macjade01
23-10-2011, 01:38 PM
ive emailed 10 people over the last two weeks and have no replys from any.... just plain rude!!!! x :angry:

Maza
25-10-2011, 01:03 PM
It's really annoying! Their loss.