PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to take on young people for work experience?

helendee
20-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Hi guys I don't know if anyone can help but a friend has asked if her fourteen year old daughter could do her work experience with me next year. Would this be possible as obviously she is too young to be CRB checked and how would she affect my Insurance?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Helen x

mama2three
20-10-2011, 08:31 AM
It depends who your insurance is with , but I checked it out with mm last year and it was all covered and fine.
Work experience girl was harder work than the lo's though!:laughing:

helendee
20-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks Kath

I am with NCMA for insurance. I am secretly hoping they say no as I don't really want to have her tbh, hubby and I have 6 los every day as it is and it feels like it will be a whole load of hard work to me!!

:eek:

mama2three
20-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks Kath

I am with NCMA for insurance. I am secretly hoping they say no as I don't really want to have her tbh, hubby and I have 6 los every day as it is and it feels like it will be a whole load of hard work to me!!

:eek:

i have a feeling you have to pay an extra supplement to have the right insurance with ncma - though you may already have it with working with your hubby.
If you dont want to do it then just tell them insurance doesnt allw it - they wont know any different!

LittleMissSparkles
20-10-2011, 08:55 AM
as much as im all for supporting our youth in gaining experience in my case I think it would be more of a hindrance than a help so wouldnt want to do it x