PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate it when...

buzzy bee
19-10-2011, 08:21 PM
...parents moan at you about how much their bill is - like how dare you invoice them for the service you have provided!!

I wonder if they tut when their hairdresser says "that'll be £x please" ?!

uf353432
19-10-2011, 08:31 PM
smile sweetly and say - and i'm worth every penny! and mean it.

Chimps Childminding
19-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Crazy isn't it? they moan about the cost of paying someone for taking good care of what should be the most precious thing they have, but think nothing of spending xyz getting hair/nails/spray tan done for a night out :angry:

Narnia34
19-10-2011, 08:58 PM
You do wonder sometimes whether some parents realise that they have to pay us.

I have had one mother call me from her work telling me that my bill was ridiculous and she wasn't going to pay it, so I checked it again, and I had undercharged her (maths not being my strong suit!) After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, she eventually paid me.

I do get the impression from some parents that my bill comes after nights out and dog grooming in their personal budgets!

Chimps Childminding
19-10-2011, 09:14 PM
You do wonder sometimes whether some parents realise that they have to pay us.

I have had one mother call me from her work telling me that my bill was ridiculous and she wasn't going to pay it, so I checked it again, and I had undercharged her (maths not being my strong suit!) After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, she eventually paid me.

I do get the impression from some parents that my bill comes after nights out and dog grooming in their personal budgets!:rolleyes:

Have to agree we don't seem to be high on the list of priorities when it comes to paying :angry: I am sure some parents think we just do this job for "pocket money", not because WE actually have bills to pay and food to buy (for their little darlings) too!!!

time_4_change
19-10-2011, 09:40 PM
I have got all this to come ... still waiting for the phone calls. it is the part of cm i am not looking forward too.

I have a 15month old and changed my hours at my current job so our son could be at home with us BUT if i did send my son to a childminder then the bill would have been top of list, this is because he is precious and because i would want good care for him! some people have their priorites all mixed up don't they! i also hate how people presume it is pocket money. My grandad asked me why i was going into babysitting and not a 'proper' job (good job it was my grandad that said this, i can let it go over my head and forgive him) but saddly this is how alot of ppl think :angry:

x

LittleMissSparkles
20-10-2011, 09:08 AM
makes me angry when they say i wont be able to pay you till next week/monday etc and then find out inadvertantly they have been out at the weekend drinking/shopping etc and spent a fortune, i charge late fees £5 for every day they are late paying so it costs them more in the long run to pay me late, at the end of the day I have said before now if your boss said to you oh we cant pay you till next week we know it should be today but thats ok isnt it ??? they wouldnt be happy as they have bills etc to pay... well so do I xxx