PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you play instruments?

Nature'sKids!
19-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I play the guitar and it lends itself well to nursery rhymes and songs for children. I already play with my own children and they love it! ;)
Just wondered if there's anyone on here who plays with the mindees?

Helen Dempster
19-10-2011, 07:25 PM
you're so lucky, I've wanted to learn guitar for ages, but am too shy/nervous/old to get lessons. My son plays and has been showing me how to play some pieces, but I've no idea on how chords work or anything! Any tips??

All I can play is...the triangle! :laughing:

Nature'sKids!
19-10-2011, 07:29 PM
you're so lucky, I've wanted to learn guitar for ages, but am too shy/nervous/old to get lessons. My son plays and has been showing me how to play some pieces, but I've no idea on how chords work or anything! Any tips??

All I can play is...the triangle! :laughing:

Lol @ triangle ;)

It's never too late too learn!

WibbleWobble
19-10-2011, 07:42 PM
being married to a guitar playing dave grohl lookalike i dont have to play an instrument....he is a child magnet when his guitars come down.

but i do play something...

i play "the fool"

mandy xxx

uf353432
19-10-2011, 07:44 PM
sorry what was the question? i've fallen into a fantasy land containing Dave Grohl - drool!

WibbleWobble
19-10-2011, 07:47 PM
sorry what was the question? i've fallen into a fantasy land containing Dave Grohl - drool!

i dont think he looks like dave grohl....to me phil looks like a very thin long haired beardy weirdy.

DD1's (his step D) mates think he does look like DG.

i think they are right...in the right light...with a squint...upside down

mandy xxx

uf353432
19-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Sorry but its DG or nothing for me - I don't do knock off's pmsl!!! its great that your OH actually learnt the guitar my hubby was desperate for a guitar so he could learn, so I bought him one , found someone to give him lessons, got him books to learn at home and paid for 5 lessons. Its been an utter waste of money spoilt brat!! haha!

Nature'sKids!
19-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Erm who's dave grohl? :o

uf353432
19-10-2011, 08:26 PM
tut!

he is GOD, how rude lol!

nipper
19-10-2011, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=parsleypetal;998817]being married to a guitar playing dave grohl lookalike i dont have to play an instrument....he is a child magnet when his guitars come down.

OH...MY...GOD............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump for joy:

nipper
19-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I play piano (well I would if I had it, as our friends are looking after it for us) and my son has recently started having guitar lessons, so I've been practising with him. I bought myself a guitar for my birthday before last christmas, so now I can gatecrash his lessons and feel I'm getting my money's worth...they are SO expensive.

BTW DAVE GROHL ROCKS!!!!!!!

uf353432
19-10-2011, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=parsleypetal;998817]being married to a guitar playing dave grohl lookalike i dont have to play an instrument....he is a child magnet when his guitars come down.

OH...MY...GOD............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump for joy:

sorry but I am inclined to feel sorry for anyone who has a DG lookalike - I mean if I had a contant reminder in my home I couldn't childmind - it wouldn't be suitable for children. pmsl! sigh - must stop thinking of DG. Saw FF at Milton Keynes this year and managed to get in the gold circle - it was a great view :)

*daisychain*
25-10-2011, 08:36 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........dave Grohl

Maza
25-10-2011, 09:47 PM
I used to love singing along with the rest of my class when one of our teachers used to get the guitar out. Your kids are lucky!

singingcactus
26-10-2011, 06:15 AM
I play guitar, cornet/tenorhorn, keyboard, clarinet, recorder, ocarina. Used to play a bit on the flute but not for ages.

uf353432
26-10-2011, 07:11 AM
I play guitar, cornet/tenorhorn, keyboard, clarinet, recorder, ocarina. Used to play a bit on the flute but not for ages.

now you are just showing off :laughing:

littleelm
27-10-2011, 11:15 AM

I play cornet too! I can play pretty much any brass instrument... I can even play a c major scale on a trombone!

I used to teach kids to play brass!

I can sort of play guitar.... but I need music to be able to play, so not particularly useful for off the cuff playing songs for the kidlings!

Whenever I sing with the kids they all sit staring at me as if I just grew and extra head and don't join in.... think they might be able to telling me something?!

bandlady
27-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Was not going to admit to playing brass until someone else has but I play the baritone in a local brass band, the childminding kids love to come along and see me play especially at christmas time when we are out playing carols.

I sometimes get a loan of some of the old instruments and let the kids have a go at blowing they make some wonderful sounds and you never know so of them may become members in years to come.

Hence my username!!

Denise

Carol M
27-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty good on the percussion instruments :D Self taught, of course :D
DD's both play Flute. Cost us a bloomin fortune in lessons and upgrading beginners instruments! But I absolutely love listening to them play, so do mindees. Lucy often puts her Disney CD on and plays along , it gets me all choked:blush:
I was in the school choir many moons ago but thats about the extent of my musical abilities :laughing:
Carol xx