PDA

View Full Version : What makes YOU stand out?

Nature'sKids!
19-10-2011, 06:11 PM
What makes your cm service unique and stand out or appeal to parents the most do you think?

For me I hope it will be my Eco minded natural organic approach :)

PixiePetal
19-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Me! and my lovely location on our farm with lots of outdoor space :thumbsup:

stardust
19-10-2011, 06:26 PM
The fact i have qualifications and experience in a variety of settings and im really into messyplay. And hope fully once all the paperwork is sorted that i am Accredited and Enhanced provision x

chez
20-10-2011, 07:00 AM
That we offer overnight care, we have 2 minders working togehter in the setting, that we live opposite the school and preschool. That one of the minders in the setting is currently working on level 4.

Cassie
20-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Me!! The professional, reliable organised service i provide means that parents have no worries about their child whilst in my care...The children love coming here and leave with a smile on their face each day.

rickysmiths
20-10-2011, 07:09 AM
The fact that I am older and have lots of experience as a mum and a childminder and do lots of training. I have just had one family sign with me and one the reasons they first came to see me was my age, i'm 20 years older than the parents! Also my parents love and value the fact that I not only go out locally but that I go further afield like going into London on the tube to museums, Kew Gardens etc. I think I'm the only minder in the area that does this.

I also use environmentally friendly cleaning products, can't remember when I last bought bleach, disinfectant and I have never used anti bac sprays.

I cook fresh homemade meals everyday.

boageymonster
20-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Great question :) I really am not sure, must be doing something right though as I'm full and have just turned down a parent who said if I couldn't do it she wouldn't be going back to work:blush:
Maybe it's because I have a large family myself and that I have experience with challenging behaviours?

Mrs Pootle
20-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Mine is that I only work term time, and so I appeal to school staff and students, as I don't charge retainers for the holidays as I don't work them.

Never had a problem filling spaces :)

The Juggler
20-10-2011, 11:13 AM
firstly, i offer retainer free termtime contracts.

two, not really sure but lots of parents seem to like what they see when I'm out and about with the kids and lots of them say that is why they come to me or why their friends have recommended that they come to see me. that is a nice feeling:D

miss mopple
20-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Well apparently I have a reputation for being very good at discipline and the parents love that :D

Apart from that, I think the fact that I am a network minder, professional and committed to training etc and am one of only a couple locally to hold an outstanding grade makes me stand out :thumbsup:

kel1983
20-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I think here its because people like seeing mother and daughter working together in a really homely setting.

Rachel1983
29-10-2011, 12:12 PM
i hope it will show that i'm good at taking care of children amd that i really enjoy it to... that i'm very creative and a fun carer role on my registration i can't wait :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Penny1959
29-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't think it is for any one reason - parents look for different things.

However one parent did say they choose me because of my professionalism and my passion for childminding and the children.

Penny :)

Anon8319
29-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Well the mum I currently mind for, said she chose me because of a clear committment to working with children, because I have spent my adult life so far working with them, have a degree in Child Psychology and Education, a Masters in Education and a PGCE (teaching qualification) in Primary. I have experience in a broad variety of settings.

She also said it was because I have a child of my own, so have experience as a mum which is how she sees a CM's role - second mum.

I think it's also my flexibility and the fact I offer overnights and, if absolutely necessary, weekends. I charge in the same way as a nursery in many aspects - I don't charge for bank hols (unless they want to use them and then it's at least time plus a half), and they can take 4 weeks at half pay but I take 4 weeks without charging.

I think above everything though, parents don't REALLY let cost decide, or small things in isolation. It's an overall feeling they get for the entire service, and it's the personality of the person running the service. I tend to do a lot of walks - muddy or not! I do lots of baking and cooking, feeding the ducks. Things I think most mums would do if they were home with their children. And I think that attracts some and detracts others who prefer a more rigid settings with firm and structured activities (which I do do if appropriate!).

Playmate
29-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I think Penny is right that there is no one thing. I think most of our parents choose us because we are a husband and wife team and because we are passionate and professional about our vocation :D

Playmate
29-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I think Penny is right that there is no one thing. I think most of our parents choose us because we are a husband and wife team and because we are passionate and professional about our vocation :D

As an after thought: many parents have said they chose us for our previous professions, I was a Registered Nurse and Blue Boy worked for the Metropolitan Police (I think it makes people feel safe, I do not know why :panic: :D )

mummyMia
29-10-2011, 04:35 PM
One parent said she liked me because I am the only one in the area who can spell and I reply to emails really quickly:) Another one liked me because my house is clean. Every parent seems to be looking for something different :)

miss mopple
29-10-2011, 04:40 PM
As an after thought: many parents have said they chose us for our previous professions, I was a Registered Nurse and Blue Boy worked for the Metropolitan Police (I think it makes people feel safe, I do not know why :panic: :D )

I agree with this. My DH is a police sergeant and my clients definitely find that reassuring :thumbsup:

Tatjana
29-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I've been told my maternal instinct goes beyond my own children, they feel comfortable with me, I prepare homemade meals, my home is clean and this one is so funny, I sounded alert when answering the phone, apparently other cms they tried sounded half asleep :laughing:

mufftie
30-10-2011, 06:40 AM
On first impressions I'm sure its my home , I'm fortunate to have a large 6 bed detatched house with a lot of land

Pipsqueak
30-10-2011, 07:06 AM
I have been told its because I genuinely care for the children and it 'shines' through. Another told me its because I am dedicated to the job I do.

Other comments I have had are that I am friendly and 'just clicked' with them (the parent)

I think what makes me stand out is that I DO genuinely have a passion for working with children and I care very much about childminding in general (and I have worked locally setting up and running groups, being a lead practitioner, support minder, etc) . I strive to offer a service I would want for my children and that I would be happy about as a client (having been there anyway).

Vickster
30-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I don't think I have a USP just yet as I am still finding my feet, but the parents that use me and my friends say that I am calm and warm. Touch wood, Every parent that has come to see me has gone on to use me as their childminder.

I love this post. Well done everyone for being fab!