PDA

View Full Version : My sister is a childminder...

SimplyLucy
14-05-2008, 01:02 PM
My sister is a childminder and I'm considering asking her to have my son for a few hours a week.

Obviously he'll be taking up a regular space so I'd be on a contract and pay her as anyone else would.

Do you think I would be able to claim the fees back though tax credits (I'm intitled to them), just wondering if it's allowed as she is my sister???

mrsb
14-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Yes you can, I used to do the same for my sister and she claimed credits ;) You just need to get her registration number :)

deeb66
14-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Mrsb is correct

All you need is here registration number!

SimplyLucy
14-05-2008, 01:14 PM
oh fantastic......she'll be well chuffed. :laughing:

Noodles
14-05-2008, 01:32 PM
You can claim as long as she is looking after your child in her home and she also cares for more than your child:)

mrsb
14-05-2008, 01:33 PM
You can claim as long as she is looking after your child in her home and she also cares for more than your child:):eek: I never knew that, I only had my neice for about 6 months before I got any more children

SimplyLucy
14-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh yes, she'll have him at her's. The idea is to give me time to do my paperwork and housework. Never seem to get 5 minutes to myself these days.

She has about 8 children on her books at the moment so that won't be a problem.

deeb66
14-05-2008, 01:39 PM
You can claim as long as she is looking after your child in her home and she also cares for more than your child:)

This bit refers to Ofsted ruling rather than Government tax claims etc.

The ruling under Ofsted is that a person cannot become registered just to look after a family member.....

They also have to look after other children as well otherwise they would be de-registered.

Bevbeetle
14-05-2008, 03:18 PM
i have my sisters little girl, it works really well we all understand when i minding her and when i am her aunty:clapping: :clapping: