PDA

View Full Version : I feel awful - what can I do?

Mummits
18-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Have been going downhill since Sunday with a coldy sort of bug - high temperature, sore throat etc but today I have really struggled as its gone to my waterworks. Too much information I know but I have been having to pee about every half an hour and I am all achey across my kidneys.

I've decided I have to go to the doctor and have managed to get an appointment for the morning.

Stressing about whether to just say I have to take the day off or to offer to take my two mindees but strictly for a duvet day and they'd have to come to the surgery with me. What would you do? I feel terrible about throwing this at parents but I can't go on like this and we're going on holiday on Friday.

Oh and I think I have picked this up from the kids so I don't think them catching it is the issue.

cs01
18-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Definitely take the day off!

Tell them this evening then they can make alternative arrangements for tomorrow.

Get well soon.

sarah707
18-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Put yourself first and take the day.

If you think it's kidneys drink loads of water - cranberry juice can help too.

Feel better soon xx

buzzy bee
18-10-2011, 06:05 PM
You sound pretty poorly, so unless you think they'll be as good as gold (!)and as if they weren't even there, then I'd take the day off and rest - you need to get better for your holiday and your parents will understand.

Hope you get better soon :)

uf353432
18-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I've worked through a UTI and frankly it was fooking awful. Take the day off - you are allowed to be ill and put yourself first.

miffy
18-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Take the day off and give yourself a chance to rest - you need to get better for your holiday :)

Miffy xx

lolli_pop243
18-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Definitely take the day off; hope you feel better soon!

ORKSIE
18-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I know its hard to take time off, because you dont want to let parents down....but sometimes you have to put YOU first.

Hope the Dr can sort you out, and have a fab, well deserved hol:thumbsup:

xx

The Juggler
18-10-2011, 09:00 PM
oh hon. :( what did you decide. much as I'd like to say take day off I know I'd be offering to take kids to gp with me and having a quiet day. I'm hopeless. hope you decided to take the day off though:)

wendywu
18-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes i afraid i would be taking them with me, mine have been to the doctors and the dentist with me in the last week.:)

I hope you will start to feel better after the doctor gives you some tablets :)

Mummits
19-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you for your kind wishes. I was a bit of a wuss and said I wanted to take the day off but didn't put my foot down. As it turned out both families were able to look after their littluns while I actually went to the doctor but needed me to take them for some of the day. I have at least finished early. Anyway I still had a raging temperature when I went to the surgery and the doc said I definitely have flu which has caused inflammation of the kidneys, so I've had blood and urine tests and been given some antibiotics - they will know in about three days if they're the right ones.
The doctor asked what I did for a living and I told him and he said have you got anyone at home? I said no of course not! He said I meant to look after you! :blush: Brain clearly not in gear!

uf353432
19-10-2011, 10:02 PM
oh that was good of them to give you a few minutes off to go to the docs, grrr.

I hope that the antib's kick in quickly and you start feeling bright as a button soon.