PDA

View Full Version : Every Child Matters - Please Help.

LittleVoice
18-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently doing a degree in Working with Children and Young People and I am doing a bit of research into ECM within people's workplaces.
I know ECM no longer exists under the coalition government however we still have a module which we need to complete!

Anyway, I was hoping some of you would be able to tell me a little bit about which of the 5 outcomes you find easiest to meet and why and as the ways in which you work towards meeting it please.

Huge Thanks in advance.

Hailee x

Penny1959
18-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello if you PM me with your email address - I will send a response on ECM

Penny :)

sarah707
18-10-2011, 06:21 PM
It is unfortunate that ECM seems to have gone off the radar with the coalition government.

It still exists - however it is less prominent now than before.

All 5 agenda items have been used to inform the Themes and Commitments of the Eyfs so you should find some info there.

Hth :D

Penny1959
19-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Yes - you are right Sarah although not mentioned that much ECM is very much still there.

In order to respond by email to the question by the OP, I looked it up and the DfeE still have all the documents - in fact they have been re badged as a DfE document and give a 2011 date - whereas some of the old government documents have been sent to archives.

Also on the Ofsted website there is a document for inspectors - again 2011 that gives information about ECM with reference to inspection outcomes - so very much still there and still being used.

Penny :)