PDA

View Full Version : Scheme of Excellence - Scotties

Pudding Girl
14-05-2008, 10:32 AM
have been given a place on this, although not entirely sure what it actually is!!

anyone shed any light for me? The first session is not till 29th May and can't wait that long to find out what it's about :rolleyes:

angeldelight
14-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry I have no idea

I will bump this back up though and hope someone else knows

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
16-05-2008, 07:55 PM
thanks for the bump Angel, and here's another!

ajs
16-05-2008, 09:33 PM
and another seeing as i can't help xx

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Well someone must know what it is ??

Angel xx

fionamal
17-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I was on it for a few months but left as its all about policies, procedures .

Lots of essay writing involved and I didnt really have the time for it and where I am was being run on a Saturday morning so meant we couldnt go away in the caravan at weekends.

Have got all the pack still for it and been told when its convenient I can re-join the next group. Did feel it was more for the people just starting up in childcare.

Sorry, didnt mean to put you off

Pudding Girl
17-05-2008, 03:06 PM
just wondering if it was like the "network" thing in England?

essays doesn't put me off, and I am new to this lol so any help on procedures and policies is MOST welcome ;)

thanks fiona!

Gizmo
03-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I know this is an old post but has anyone done this I have been offered a place and dont know if its a worth while course to do as I have been told it can take about a year to complete and dont know if I would be better to do svq
Any advise welcome :thumbsup:

fionamal
03-06-2009, 08:10 PM
If you have done the SVQ then theres no point indoing the scheme of excellence as it covers some of the SVQ.

If your not planning on doing the SVQ3 then go for it especially if its being funded. I think most of them are run on a Saturday and our local one was run over 10 months.