PDA

View Full Version : Slippers or bare feet?

Mouse
18-10-2011, 09:41 AM
What do mindees do at your house? Do they have slippers to wear indoors, or do they just have socks on?

My house is carpetted, apart from the kitchen, where the arts & crafts are set out and the children are free to wander. I usually have bare feet myself, but have noticed how cold the floor is & have put my slippers on. I'll now feel guilty when lo's are here in their socks & I have my fluffy slippers on!

I'm thinking of getting them all slippers, or asking parents to provide slippers, but wondered what other people do.

ziggy
18-10-2011, 09:48 AM
i dont have any carpets downstairs, tried bringing slippers from home but children seem to prefer socks.

Just a problem if people come in with wet shoes on then children complain socks are wet, so usually just pop them in drier for few mins

PixiePetal
18-10-2011, 09:49 AM
I wear my slippers or bare feet in the summer. Kids wear socks or I ask parents for slippers if they want them. I have mostly carpet except kitchen/utility and downstairs loo which they use and it can be a bit chilly there

Roseolivia
18-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I ask parents to bring slippers as our hall and kitchen are wood flooring as well as the toilet and utility being tiled floor. It's not just for the cold but even though i regulary sweep and mop sock still get dirty.

anisha
18-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I put my mindee in slippers indoors as I have wooden flooring downstairs. They come off as soon as I put them on, she prefers socks!

kindredspirits
18-10-2011, 09:54 AM
All mine are usually in socks apart from DS who prefers bare feet in all weathers - we've got laminate flooring with loads of rugs down and I live in socks as well.
I don't like slippers as I think for young kids they are either liable to fall off or they've got really bizarre hard soles that you can't walk in properly so for LO's it makes more of a trip hazzard. How about slipper socks - best of both worlds?!?!

Flisspaps
18-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Mine all wear their socks - or take them off and have bare feet! I have carpet in the living room but the rest of downstairs is tiled, they don't seem to care that it's cold underfoot! I like big thick socks (usually my husband's!).

Mrs Pootle
18-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Mine used to be in socks, but I found the laminate floor could be slippy in socks, and also cold. In addition, when we practiced the fire drill outside was too hard on their feet as there is gravel directly outside all the doors to my house.
As a solution I bought some slipper socks for the mindees I had at that time, and since then all new mindees have been asked to bring slippers, and this has worked really well.:thumbsup:

Mouse
18-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Mine all wear their socks - or take them off and have bare feet! I have carpet in the living room but the rest of downstairs is tiled, they don't seem to care that it's cold underfoot! I like big thick socks (usually my husband's!).

That's what got me thinking! They never complain of cold feet, but because I've been feeling it, I thought they might!

I do like the idea of slipper socks, so might look into getting those :thumbsup:

babs
18-10-2011, 12:08 PM
we have laminate all way though our house tiled kitchen downstairs shower and playroom but that also has huge car mat on top. I ask theybring slippers from home as feet change so quickly some bother some don't. even though I brush n mop daily sometimes more socks always get dirty off black grout in tiles .

Nature'sKids!
18-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I can't for the life of me get my own kids to wear socks, never mind slippers lol

However we've got hardwood and tiles flooring throughout downstairs and it's cold, especially in the playroom / conservatory
Socks are slippery. Bare feet too cold so slipper sola or felt slippers with rubberised soles which are still soft would be best

miffy
18-10-2011, 08:39 PM
The children all wear socks - I don't like bare feet, especially on the furniture :panic: - or they can bring slippers if they want to but usually no-one bothers.

Miffy xx

Dragonfly
19-10-2011, 06:13 AM
I provide slipper socks for mine when its turned chilly as I have wooden floors.

boxtree7
19-10-2011, 06:20 AM
we all wear socks