PDA

View Full Version : Emergency childcare?

jadavi
17-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Is anyone on this register? Mentioned on the nmca factsheet. The website seemed to be geared at parents but they're ringing me back. Any info anyone?

Cheers
Ja

Penny1959
18-10-2011, 04:31 AM
I have not registered on this website yet - in fact only recently found out about it.

Although mentioned on the NCMA factsheet (in the 'business bundle' factsheet 2 if you are a NCMA member) it is not part of the NCMA services.

However as NCMA have put a link to it - I think we can be reassured that NCMA have checked it out.

Certainly worth a try if have vacancies - or want to do emergency cover

This is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.emergencychildcare.co.uk/index/index.php

Just been on website to find out more - and NCMA involved - they take a 5% commission and the actual company takes a commission as well.

Good news is you get paid direct by the company so no chance of non payers.

Penny :)

Cariad
18-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Would it be possible to cover the cost of the commission by having increased fees for emergency care?

Penny1959
18-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Would it be possible to cover the cost of the commission by having increased fees for emergency care?

Yes - and sorry forgot to say that the company charges the parents extra to cover the commission fees - so you still get whatever your rate for emergency care is.

Mrs Pootle
18-10-2011, 10:36 AM
just had look at this, thanks for the link:)

I am looking for ad hoc work at the moment so this could be ideal.

mandy moo
18-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Yep Ive ben registered with them for approx 18mths, but Ive not had any phone calls from tho in that time, that could be because I live in a smallish village tho and not in a town or city.

jadavi
18-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Anyone got work from these people?

Cheers
ja

miffy
18-10-2011, 08:36 PM
This is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.emergencychildcare.co.uk/index/index.php

Thanks Penny - have never heard of this so will have a look

Miffy xx

xgemx
18-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Never seen this before i would of been interested but you have to be a member of the ncma which im not and my la have paid my insurance with mm already

Penny1959
18-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Never seen this before i would of been interested but you have to be a member of the ncma which im not and my la have paid my insurance with mm already

If you want to you can be a member of NCMA and have your insurance with MM.

People often get confussed about this.

Membership of NCMA is seperate from insurance (although you do have to be a member of NCMA to buy their insurance.

Maybe it is worth looking into the benefits of being an NCMA member as it might be worth joining.

mrs robbie williams
19-10-2011, 05:51 AM
im not ncma either and filled out the form before realising you have to have an ncma number xx