PDA

View Full Version : How often do you...

buzzy bee
17-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Do a full Risk Assessment?
Do fire drills?

The Juggler
17-10-2011, 09:17 PM
RA's - I visually risk assess every day and all the time but written ones, only review when an accident/incident or a need for a new one arises.

Fire drills - monthly :)

buzzy bee
17-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks...

I suppose I should re-phrase my initial question though...

What I mean is do you log a Risk Assessment, and if so how often do you log it - as in do you sign a sheet once a day / week / month etc?

I have a full risk assessment sheet for my home and I do a visual check each morning, but I don't log anywhere when I've checked - should I be?

loocyloo
17-10-2011, 09:33 PM
i do a fire drill once a month.

i do a formal written RA of the whole house/garden/car at the start of each term, then visually all the time and review written ones when the need arises.

i have a monthly sheet, but you could use a diary or calendar. i initial to say i have RA house etc each morning, along with fridge/freezer temp. i also sign for a monthly smoke alarm test and sign for the fire drill too. ( i was told to list the children present at each fire drill so you can ensure all children have practised ) i've also added monthly toy cleaning to the list choosing a couple of groups of toys to clean!

PixiePetal
17-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I do a fire drill every 2 months or when I have new starters and write it on a sheet in my RA file - name children and how it went, any changes to be made

House RAs are in the file - I do visual checks and fridge freezer check in the mornings and note in diary of any concerns (like getting rid of nettles in garden, keep away from area till cut down and tick when done or fixing a stair gate)

I review RA annually or sooner if needed and sign and date each sheet

buzzy bee
18-10-2011, 07:18 AM
i do a fire drill once a month.

i do a formal written RA of the whole house/garden/car at the start of each term, then visually all the time and review written ones when the need arises.

i have a monthly sheet, but you could use a diary or calendar. i initial to say i have RA house etc each morning, along with fridge/freezer temp. i also sign for a monthly smoke alarm test and sign for the fire drill too. ( i was told to list the children present at each fire drill so you can ensure all children have practised ) i've also added monthly toy cleaning to the list choosing a couple of groups of toys to clean!

Thanks. I like the idea of just doing it in the diary (less bits of paper all over the place!!)

So would I just make a note each day in my diary, "RA" and then inital next to it, and that would be enough?

Then when I do a fire drill, just put "Fire Drill" and note any concerns etc.

Does that sound about right?

buzzy bee
31-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Please see previous post - anyone?!

Bear23
31-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I have a fire drill book, i do one once a month and more often if a new starter is here, i have a section for who's here, what exit we used and how long it took, I quite like my folder and the kids love doing the drills x

LeeMarie
31-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I was told I had to have a separate fire drill book and should record the date of each practice, names of the children and any other comments/

I also once had it as a recommendation from Mrs O that I should carry out a fire practice once a week on different days with different children :( - I do it monthly unless I feel the children need to do it more or I burn the sausages:laughing: