PDA

View Full Version : HELP are there any CM's from Nothern Ireland on here????

Playmate
17-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi all

As part of my studies for my foundation degree, we are comparing different cirriculums. I have been given Northern Ireland to compare and contrast with the EYFS. I have been looking at the foundation stage cirriculum on the web site but can't find anywhere that say's the ages it covers and who has to use this cirriculum? Is it just for schools or is something that all practitioners must follow?
Any advice would be greatfully received
thank you :D

Playmate
18-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Just bumping - in hope!

ziggy
18-10-2011, 09:51 AM
i'm in northern ireland:)

Playmate
18-10-2011, 12:42 PM
i'm in northern ireland:)

Thank you Ziggy are you able to answere my questions?

mama2three
18-10-2011, 02:08 PM
dont know how much help this is playmate but just been researching something similar ( but not as advanced!).
Before statutory school age there is no specific curriculum ,but once children are if statutory ed they follow the foundation stage. 6 areas are Physical development and movement , The Arts , mathematics and numeracy , Personal development and mutual understanding , language and literacy , the world around us.
I found the best website was www.nicurriculum.org , but couldnt find anything specifically for pre-foundation stage

Playmate
18-10-2011, 04:54 PM
dont know how much help this is playmate but just been researching something similar ( but not as advanced!).
Before statutory school age there is no specific curriculum ,but once children are if statutory ed they follow the foundation stage. 6 areas are Physical development and movement , The Arts , mathematics and numeracy , Personal development and mutual understanding , language and literacy , the world around us.
I found the best website was www.nicurriculum.org , but couldnt find anything specifically for pre-foundation stage

Thank you, I had found this website and got the feeling that there was no specific cirriculum before statutory school age. Would be interesting to hear from Northern Ireland practitioners how this actually works in practice and how they plan for their little ones.

Carpet Monkeys
19-10-2011, 12:43 PM
My friends lives in NI and her neice was working in a nursery during the summer holidays, before going to Uni, would you like to see if I can get an email or contact for her for you?