PDA

View Full Version : organising resources

samkeddy
17-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi,
This week i am on the mamoth task of organising, boxing and labeling resources, and hopefully making a choice board/book!
Im going to list the catagories i've got so far then if people would like to add things they can see ive missed or better way to split the toys etc this would be ver helpful,
thanks

so here goes:-
-Bricks
-Dressing up
-cars and car mat
-dolls toys
-baby toys
-small world (mainly peppa)
-farm and farm animals
-tea party
-music toys
-shop play
-crayons and colouring books
-fairy box
-dinosaur box
-language box (sound bag, rhyme bag, letter cards etc)
-cuddly box

-books
-jigsaws
-games

-rose petal cottage
-ride on car
-rocking horse
-pushchairs
-creative cupboard (paints, modeling, sticking stuff, etc)

The more opinions the better, thanks x

Nature'sKids!
17-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't the dollsgo with the cottage?

Penny1959
17-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't put mine in set places - as I find it limits choice and free expression - so each thing is listed as a seperate item or set - so the Bob the builder push a longs trucks would bre one set but the builders tools in another and the dressing up clothes in another and the Bob builder CD in another.

The only place there is grouping is on the visual timetable so it might say dance, or painting, or blocks and so on - but what have out could well be different each time.

Also means if something gets broken don't have to change lists / labels - just delete an item or if but something new that just take a photo, create a document and a label.

Having said that I do have a few topic boxes on things - so Nursery Rhymes - or weather and so on.

My problem is accessible storage so can get out what need easily.

Penny :)

samkeddy
17-10-2011, 10:45 AM
yes thanks ill leave the dolls in the cottage but then have a box with all the extra's, clothes, bottles, pottys, dishes, slings, blankets etc

i also forgot to mention there are ict things too, vtec computer, wii, ps2, dvds and music cds

sarah707
17-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Your list looks very much like mine. I have all the little bits in small labelled boxes displayed on open shelves running along the length of the conservatory.

Heavy boxes - Lego, cars etc are on the floor and lighter ones on the higher shelves.

I have a box of books for babies where they can reach them and older children's books on a shelf higher up.

Hth :D

samkeddy
17-10-2011, 07:10 PM
great help thanks :)

Im keeping a large selection in the room but some are going under the stairs but making a big choice board so everything is still on show daily and very easy for me to get to (cos i never did get a conservatory :( )

Im now half way there, toys sorted and photos taken, still need to label boxes and print pics to make board!!!:yawning:

Thanks x