PDA

View Full Version : £1.50

disney
14-05-2008, 09:02 AM
hi just wanted some:idea: again well its about my fees & hours i decided to work 8am _5pm . but i do work for 2 mindees who come at 7 pm and pay a unsocial rate .how ever have new one on trial normally starts at 8 but yesterday mum asked could she bring him at 7 , i said yes .i got up early

he didnt come untill 7 .20 thats ok but mum as paid me £1.50 for this :( i charge £5 per hour for the hour no matter when the child comes as this is my unsocial hour rate but mum didnt even pay me for my normal hour rate only half . so i got out of bed at 6. 30 for £ 1.50. also i dont usually work after 5pm . but mum said well i will pay you for a full half hour and will pick him up at 5 .10pm so you will be better off but i dont usually get paid to the half hour just the hour . but have noticed now in the last month dad has not been coming untill 5.30pm ifyswim x

berkschick
14-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I would have a chat with the parents and say you need to review the hours written in the contract.

Then if they want you regularly at 7am, you will have to tell them your fees for this and also tell them it is too fiddly to round things to the exact time so you only charge per hour.

One of mine is so tight with money! They wanted to come at 8am - 5.15pm. I said no probs but I only charge per half hour so will have to charge you till 5.30pm. Mum now rushes to get here for 5pm all flustered all to save herself £1.75 :rolleyes: And this is the one that moved from Nursery so is already saving herself £22 a day!!!

angeldelight
14-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I think this parent has a damn cheek if you ask me

YOU set the rules and not her

I would also have a chat with the parent about collection times if her time is 5.10 then that is the time she should collect - not what time it suits her

Seems mom is making the rules here - cheeky so and so

Is this all in your contract ? About how your charges are extra etc for unsociable hours

I would make it very very clear that this was a one off and you will not be doing it again for £1.50 - its not worth getting out of bed for is it ?

If she is funny about it then I suggest you do not do it again and just stick to the contracted hours - she will soon come running when she needs the extra help / hours

Good luck

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
14-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Disney - nip this in the bud now. Your rules, your business. give them a copy of your fees and charges and say this is what they agreed to when signing the contract. If they aren't willing to abide by it - say bye bye.

I would invoice them for the correct amounts and you tell them this is what they have to pay - not them telling you how and what they are going to pay. Period.

Start as you mean to go on - they are trying it on with you.

disney
14-05-2008, 09:28 AM
yes angel its all in the contract & price list but she has only signed a settling in contract that ran out last month and i have said every day now we need to sign & look at the main contract ans she has said yes i know you have already said but at the momemt i just dont have time :angry: so really they are still on triial ifyswim.i think im going to have to be firm and make her come and see me and go through it all again x

Pipsqueak
14-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Disney - they are really pulling your strings - tonight I would pin them down (so to speak) and say that you need to get the contract sorted out - before the of end of week as you are in breach of Ofsted and Insurance Regs blah blah and get a date/time from the (tonight) when they can come and sort it out. Tell them no contract - no childminding. Then go back through your fees and charges/policies and tell them your rules, your business and they either sign to say they accept it or go elsewhere.

Don't let them do this to you, how dare they:angry:

crazybones
14-05-2008, 09:48 AM
I agree with Squeaky. If they are still on a settling in contract then technically they could just walk away now and leave you in the lurch. Some parents know exactly how to play it. Put your business woman head on and Go Girl. :D

angeldelight
14-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree you really need to put your foot down now

She will have to make time - she is not daft is she this way she is doing just what she wants

Hope you are brave enough to sort it out

Angel xx

sarah707
14-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Good advice... just wanted to send you some getting tough vibes :D

Pudding Girl
14-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I think this parent has a damn cheek if you ask me

YOU set the rules and not her

completely agree! cheek!!

Rubybubbles
14-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I agree with everyone;)

I charge £1.50 per quarter for unsocial hours or non-contracted hour, that makes them pick up on time:laughing:

so if they book 8-5 for example, and arrive at 5.10, £1.50 is added end off, it's one of the only things I am strict on

And as for working without full contract agree with pip, it needs to be done, do you use NCMA ones? after the 28 days settling it kicks in without the need to resign

disney
14-05-2008, 10:52 AM
i do normally use ncma contracts but have ran out so im using one of my own im afraid so dont think its the same but i will see what i can do later . problem at min is i feel ill with thi stinking cold my heads every were . its his lastday this week as he only does the 3 days so may have to say tonight thatto make an appointment for next week . brains like :panic: x cant spell a thing arrrrrrrr !

wendywu
14-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Tell her she owes you £3.50 for the early morning, you tell her how much she owes not her giving you what she thinks it is.:panic:

susi513
21-05-2008, 09:30 AM
What do you think they'd say in Tesco if she said I'll pay you £1.50 for this pack of nappies?

Make a list of your charges so you can refer to it easily - when people ask for something thats not part of their contract agreement you can say Yes thats fine, it will cost you £x.

You can make out invoices by typing your own or using a duplicate book. That way its clear to the parent how much they have to pay and what for, and you can check easily that they have paid you the right amount.

For unsocial hours, I charge £2 per 15 mins before 8 am and after 6pm.

When she collects next, get your diary out and insist on her committing to an appointment to come and sign the contract. If she makes an excuse, point out that until she signs a contract you are not bound to keep a place for her child. Nor are you bound to offer the place at the price discussed previously - if you choose to raise your fees before she commits then the contract will be at the new fees. Ask her to call you when she gets home to organise an appointment or come a bit earlier when she collects the child to get it sorted.

I put the settling in information on the contract document itself. If we cancel during the settling in then the full contract will not apply. But I've already got their signature on the contract before the settling in starts (usually).

miffy
21-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Sorry Disney I missed this

Have you got it sorted now?

miffy xx

bubbly
21-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes, how did it work out? I'd be interested to hear.

I have a parent who wants his baby ready & strapped into the car seat for collection but thinks he can turn up whenever he feels like it without the courtesy of even a text meaasge. The poor little mite was strapped in and waiting for an hour yesterday! Dad turns up & then chats outside on his mobile phone for another 15 mins. How darn rude is that! :angry: Oh, and he forgot to pay me again :angry: :angry:

disney
21-05-2008, 04:50 PM
well did get mum to sign the contract at last and gave her a copy of my fees also added to the contract that any time before 8 is charged at my unsocial rate and is charged for the full hour no matter what time they atend but i will be honest i didnt ask her for the money she owed me im afraid:blush:
i suppose i thought she just might give it to me once she new it was owed .

but i have not , then dad paid me this morning ( bearing in mind they have agreed to pay mondays but always forget today ) and said hears your money its £ 2 over , i sai i havnt got any change so he said oh you can knock it off next weeks :eek: x

Pauline
21-05-2008, 06:15 PM
well did get mum to sign the contract at last and gave her a copy of my fees also added to the contract that any time before 8 is charged at my unsocial rate and is charged for the full hour no matter what time they atend but i will be honest i didnt ask her for the money she owed me im afraid:blush:
i suppose i thought she just might give it to me once she new it was owed .

but i have not , then dad paid me this morning ( bearing in mind they have agreed to pay mondays but always forget today ) and said hears your money its £ 2 over , i sai i havnt got any change so he said oh you can knock it off next weeks :eek: x

Well don't knock it off next weeks and if they mention it say that you thought it was towards what they owe you! :)

sue32
22-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I would keep the £2 towards money owed and if they ask it towards them not paying the right amount and right day, just keep :) :) :)

disney
23-05-2008, 09:53 AM
yer i was thinking of just keeping the £2 as they do owe it but i think next week mum will probably take it of and pay me less .if she does i will jusyt leave it for this time its not worth the hassle £ 3.50 i suppose :) x

miffy
23-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Don't give mum a chance to take it off next week's money - give her an itemised bill so she can see how you've worked out what she owes.

I know it's hard sometimes when people are picky like this but you set your charges - parents don't decide what they are going to pay you.

Good luck

miffy xx