PDA

View Full Version : advice please.

Mags
14-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Just got news this mrning that one of my mindees (whom i have 3 days per week) has been offered a Sure Start nursery place......i wasn't even aware that she had been on the waiting list.:(

Dad said that mum would talk to me later because he thinks she may still need me...but not as much.

The thing is i would much rather have a full timer......i have actually turned two full timers away in as many weeks. Not saying i will get one right away but a least the place would be there. Also, i reckon that as soon as mindee gets offered more hours at Sure Start....she will go anyway.

Mindees mum is obviously only going to want me for a few hours here and there...indefinitely i would think.....would i be ok to tell her that it would prevent me taking a full timer and explain that a few hours here and there are just not worth my while?

What do you all think? What would you do?

venus89
14-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I would tell her I needed to have the place for a full timer as here and there not worth my while.... It always makes us feel guilty, doing thoings like hat, but we have a business to run after all.....

berkschick
14-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I think its totally acceptable for you to tell her that.

We are very limited to the number of full timers we can have. I know I could not afford and actually wouldnt want one of my precious full time places taken up with a few hours here and there.

And with EYFS you will have to co-ordinate with the nursery and the paperwork involved wouldnt be worth it for a few hours a week.

I have 6 kids that only do 1 day a week. I have given notice to 1, 2 are increasing to 2 days in September and one is hopefully increasing to 5 mornings as its too much hastle for just one days work. 2 of them are only 5 hours too!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
14-05-2008, 09:27 AM
No you are within your right to tell her that, I had to do that with one of my mindees as it was just not worth me doing it. I am sure the mum will understand after all you are running a business.

Good luck

Lorraine xx

sarah707
14-05-2008, 10:23 AM
How sad for you... and annoying that it should happen.

Yes you are within your rights to say to mum you will only fit her in if you can from the date she starts because you want a full-timer...

Either that or one of you give notice :D

angeldelight
14-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Agree with everyone else

Hope you get it sorted

Angel xx

Mags
15-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Just to let you all know that i have agreed only to have mindee in between her settling in period at Sure Start....mum was wanting to phone me for odd days here and there and during holidays when Sure Start are closed.

Felt a bit mean but to be honest i thought that if mum phoned asking for care at the last minute...it could spoil any plans that i may have already made for other children.

Mind you i will miss little one, she's a real character.:)