PDA

View Full Version : Network CHildminders?

cloud9
14-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm looking into becoming a network childminder in order to make the childcare cheaper for parents with 3 and 4 year olds and to basically show parents that i have gone the extra mile if it were. Does anyone belong to a network, if so what is involved i already do lots of planning, Do observations and keep a record of the childrens milestones. I have looked into it and it seems this is whats needed but i was just wondering how much extra was involved as i already seem inundated with paperwork!
Any advice would be great.

sarah707
14-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Being a network minder will not change how much you charge parents...

I think you are thinking about accreditation ... I'm sure Angel is involved with this.

Your local CIS will give you information - they don't do it in my area - I would love to offer it.

:D

katickles
14-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi - I'm on a network but like Sarah says it makes no difference to my charges unless I become accredited. My network co-ordinator has said that she will help me to become accredited if i am wanting to but, but i don't at the mo - I have to much going on.

Becoming accredited means that you will be able to accept the government vouchers for childcare as you will be educating the children at nursery school level iyswim?

I'd do as Sarah says & contact your local cis. :)

Mrs.L.C
11-06-2008, 12:45 PM
You will need to get in touch with your local development worker and get accredited. Once you have done this (which is simple to do but takes a while) there is extra paper work when a child leaves you to go to school called the transision document. Dailey plans and evaluations need to be done based on the foundation stage and from sept the new eyfs and it sounds like you are doing the rest really. You need to send in head count froms every term which I think can now be done online. this is just so you get paid directly from the government funding and not the parent. Being accredited also means you will be in touh with you local educational team and extra workshops which are handy.

I personaly stopped doing the educational places as I found it hard keeping on top with the written plans and evaluations as it has to be done where as atm if i do it then great but if I dont, it doesnt matter as much ...if that makes sence

being on the network will put you in touch with your development worker if you are not already and can show parents you are serious about your work. For example here we have to do at least 10 hours a year training and our development worker does random spontanious checks twice a year to make sure we are not going over our numbers which can be reassuring for parents. the network can help you stay on top of paper work, help with inspections, keep you upto date with the latests changes and any other aspect of minding.

Hope that helps and sorry for the spellings :)

deeb66
11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I have only just seen this otherwise I would have added a comment sooner.

I don't know if you are still interested in becoming a Network minder but I can tell you that currently there are no vacancies in the Surrey Networks as all areas are full.

However you can put your name down on a waiting list so that should a space become available they will contact you.

If you are interested in doing that then please send me a PM and I will reply with the contact details for you.

HTH

Blaze
11-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Sorry I missed this too..Dees already advised you! Where in Surrey are you?:)