PDA

View Full Version : New Level 3

NicoleW
16-10-2011, 01:00 PM
I've just been accepted by my local council for funding for my level 3, they are paying £750 of it so I'm well chuffed!

Just finishing my DHC as we speak, last assignment and hopefully shall be on the new one pretty soon :D

Wish me luck!

Demonjill
16-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Fab news:thumbsup:

Well done and good luck - keep us posted as to how its going:thumbsup:

NicoleW
16-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks. Just awaiting to hear back on funding for my GCSE English course.

I tried learndirect as it's free Level 2, but after they assessed me in Maths and English they said I'm already at that level so the government won't fund it and I'll need to do a full GCSE if I want to go on to do a Degree

Tracey Tyler
17-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi does any one know if you need to do level 3 before you can do the two year old funding workshops? As I know that in two years time the goverment are bring funding in for two year olds and Im thinking that if I dont do this then parents are only going to go to childminders that are trained as they will not get the funding for their two year old and I dont want to be turning calls away beacuse I am not trained. The big but is that I have not done the level 3? Which if I have to then Im not sure due to the time it takes to do and the money as only having part time children on at the moment,and also my own son I have to think about as I dont want all my time taken up and not having time with him? Thank you for friends who can help with this post!

Tracey Tyler
17-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi does any one know if you need to do level 3 before you can do the two year old funding workshops? As I know that in two years time the goverment are bring funding in for two year olds and Im thinking that if I dont do this then parents are only going to go to childminders that are trained as they will not get the funding for their two year old and I dont want to be turning calls away beacuse I am not trained. The big but is that I have not done the level 3? Which if I have to then Im not sure due to the time it takes to do and the money as only having part time children on at the moment,and also my own son I have to think about as I dont want all my time taken up and not having time with him? Thank you for friends who can help with this post!

Tracey Tyler
14-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi every one just to let you know I wanted to do the level 3 but did not have the spare money to do this training> I asked about for help and found out that somerset skills and learning do the funding so great news I am starting after christmas! Also I know that if you try a college near you as long as you tell them your Gcse you did at school then most of it is paid for you just needed to pay £100 pound! My level 3 is for 18 months going once a week to training.

Tracey Tyler
14-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone,this is for those who have started the level 3. How do you find it,hard , stressing . Or not to bad? Im not at all sure as I do find learning hard,but deep down I know I have to do this to keep up with all the new things that are coming in. And I know that if you want to take funding children on you need to be trained first. Which is ok if people find it easy to do but when I find it hard its not easy!

Tracey Tyler
14-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi those who are doing level 3. I am looking on line but not sure what book is best for the level 3 there are so many? Which ones do use find the most useful.Can any one help please?

Tracey Tyler
14-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Happy christmas to everyone,just in case I dont get a chance to say,as with my son breaking up from school friday I may be extra busy. My last day of work is 23 dec! Soon be here! Made christmas biscuits yesterday the children loved that and said they were yummy!Making christmas cards after school today for all their parents!

mandy g 35
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
tracey the book i have purchased is ...heinemann level 3 diploma...childrens and young peoples workforce , by penny tassoni ..i got it of amazon for £18 ...apparently its a must have !!...i start the course tomorrow night and reading through the 1st chapter i feel its gunna be a hard slog but worth it in the end...good luck

Graham
05-01-2012, 11:13 PM
tracey the book i have purchased is ...heinemann level 3 diploma...childrens and young peoples workforce , by penny tassoni ..i got it of amazon for £18 ...apparently its a must have !!...i start the course tomorrow night and reading through the 1st chapter i feel its gunna be a hard slog but worth it in the end...good luck

Is this the one? LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0435031333/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=smallmocampin-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=0435031333)

mandy g 35
05-01-2012, 11:57 PM
yes graham this is the one :D...i have started reading it and also had the 1st session of the course tonight , lets say it was quite hard ....sitting a maths test was the last thing on my mind!!:panic: ...hope you get sorted :laughing: