PDA

View Full Version : Observation aims

MaryMary
15-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Do you always have an 'aim' to an observation? For example, an activity set up with play dough with the aim of exploring media & materials (CD)

If so, what would be the aim of making cress egg heads? We did this, but when writing it up, I am trying to link in with EYFS but not sure where to put it. We did a lot of growing things, etc, so I have plenty under KUW :o (LO is very interested in this type of thing). I am sure this had lots of things I could write about, but my mind has gone blank!

mama2three
15-10-2011, 07:19 PM
well to me the aim of doing cressheads was to follow the childs interest in growing things..
but the observation could go under any of the areas..what did she do / say ..how did she feel? i write down whatever happened..then link it into maybe physical development if youve observed her handling of the eggshell or tools...or maybe CLL - what she said or mark making on the shell...PSED if she seemed very proud of the cresshead etc..

sarah707
15-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Most activities have an aim of some kind but mostly it's to follow the child's interests like mama2three says.

i think you are probably using a pre-printed sheet and trying to fill in all the gaps... I'd cross them out if they don't make sense if I were you :D