PDA

View Full Version : Buggypod on a Phil N teds sport -anyone done it?

Vickster
14-10-2011, 05:10 PM
From December I am going to have 3 under 3, 3 days a week. One of these will always be my 2.5 year old daughter. I can't put a buggy board on my Phil and Teds, has anyone tried a buggypod on a Phil and teds?

blue bear
14-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I have one in my sport, it's brilliant. Fits on well and children love it. Only down side is as the children are getting heavier it's really tough to push up hill, so I rotate mine walking now unless really foul weather.

Vickster
14-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Which child would you put in it, the heaviest or lightest? Did you get the smorph or the older one? Any problems steering?

One day I will have a 9 mnth old, an 18 mnth old and a 2.5 yr old and another day I will have a 9 month old a 13 mth old and a 2.5 yr old.

blue bear
14-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I have a smorph 2, it's easiest with the lightest child in it then you don't get any steering problems but with the heaviest in, it pulled to the side a bit.

jane5
15-10-2011, 02:45 PM
I had a smorph 2 and I hated it.

It pulled to the side and really hurt my shoulder even if I put the lightest child in it. In the end I bought an abc adventure triple buggy off ebay and it is fantastic, really light to push.

leeloo1
15-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I had a buggypod for a while and didn't get on with it, mainly as I used the bus a lot and it 'dragged' going up the high step (I still have the raincover and the adapter bar you need for a phil n teds 3-wheeler if you need them?) now I have a buggyboard on my sport. Its not as good for long journeys, as it gives me bad posture/backache, but is ok now mine are older and walking more.

Vickster
15-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks Leeloo! I will mail you when I get mine if I need the parts, I am planning to buy one in the next week. I am hoping that I will buy one and then my daughter (2.5) will decide she can walk more so I won't need to use it too often, but I don't want her screaming down the street, so need a back up!

leeloo1
16-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Fab idea for a 2.5 yr old. I think its designed to be a 'back up' option, not for 'all the time'. The extras all add up (stupid connector bar ended up being £10 with p&p - grrrr!), so let me know if you want them - I've been meaning to ebay them, but never get round to it. :blush: