PDA

View Full Version : Narrow double buggies?

Sunflowers
14-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey folks, can anyone recommend a narrow side by side double pushchair?

I currently have an o'baby stacked on and find it a beast to push around and the rain cover doesn't provide any real shelter for the lower passenger. Had my own boy in the lower seat on Weds and the poor soul was getting splashed by passing traffic :( (he got choc cake as a sorry!)

I'm a babywearing mama so when my new sling arrives next week I'm going to carry my boy and use the single buggy for my other minded toddler but I will need a double again when I get another non walker start.

I'd much rather side by side but does one exist that will fit through my front door? its only 77cm wide!
Or is there a better (not £xxx) stacked option I could hunt down?

Thanks!

JCrakers
14-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Im getting a out n about 360 nipper as its light, you can push it with one hand and its supposed to fit through doors

Looking on ebay for an excellent condition 2nd hand one as the new V2 have just come out at £380ish and you can t seem to buy the old version (which Im peeved about as I had my eye on a brand new one £269 about 4weeks ago :angry:

Edited to say the width is 77cm so you may struggle with this one :(

Becky

Helen79
14-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I researched loads of double buggies as the gate and path to my house is really narrow and most don't fit.
The only one that was narrow enough was a Maclaren Triumph.

or you could get a buugypod smorph to fit onto your single.

jellytot
14-10-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360375060285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

this one, same size as a single (maybe a little deeper) It is fab for getting around and fitting through gaps.

Velleity
14-10-2011, 02:52 PM
My double baby jogger is wonderful and goes through all normal sized doors no problem!

PixiePetal
14-10-2011, 03:00 PM
I couldn't fit any double side by side buggy through the front door of my old house so got a Jane TwinTwo tandem - the back seat is nice and comfy and not so low to the ground as a P&T etc. Love it but no good for me now I have moved to the country :rolleyes:

It is for sale in Sussex :)