PDA

View Full Version : please someone help

Bevbeetle
14-10-2011, 11:15 AM
just had development officer on phone would i like her to come out and have a chat i replied in the past 3 weeks my mother in law has died very suddenly and my husband has been made redundent he reply well i need to come and see you so i can tick my box :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i told her i was ok she said your ofsted is due soon i replied at the moment my family come first i really dont care about Ofsted her reply i think think you should that attitude towards Ofsted grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tink
14-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Very considerate of her!!!! how rude. I would phone her back and tell her not to come due to your family's situation and you will contact her:angry:
Some people amaze me, hope you are ok xx

Lady Haha
14-10-2011, 11:24 AM
What a jobsworth!!! Don't let it upset you! Of course your family come first! She will just have to wait.:mad:

merry
14-10-2011, 11:29 AM
What a jobsworth!!! Don't let it upset you! Of course your family come first! She will just have to wait.:mad:

Completely agree with this, what on earth is wrong with some people to have so little compassion :(

merry

sarah707
14-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh hunny what a rough time you are having :group hug:

Ignore her... or let her come and smile sweetly and say thank you for your visit and let her tick her box.

Hugs xx

The Juggler
14-10-2011, 12:10 PM
what a rude inconsiderate woman. hugs honey :(

Penny1959
14-10-2011, 12:27 PM
I suggest you put in a complaint as that was not called for.

They are a support service - and yes they do have to tick boxes (such as supporting those due an inspection, or those who get inadequate) but there is no need to speak to you like that.

If you complain start by saying that it is a very difficult time for you and although normally you would welcome a visit usually, you do not want a visit at the moment. Then say you found the DO rude, lacking in compassion and forceful in her attitude.

Penny :)

Linda Mc
14-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I agree I would complain too, they're meant to help you not make your life worse! :angry: I think even OFSTED might show a bit more compassion than that!

So sorry to hear about your situation. I lost my mum suddenly a couple of years ago, one minute she was fine & chatting the next she'd gone. I'm sure I made all the arrangements etc on auto pilot because of the shock. In your & your husbands place I'd put OFSTED at the bottom of the list too!

Sending virtual hugs :group hug:

Demonjill
14-10-2011, 12:43 PM
:eek: Thats really terrible. Whats wrong with some people?:rolleyes:

:group hug: for you and yes think you should tell them yes come out cos ive got some very big boxes of my own to tick....or cross as the case may be

Take care :)

Bananabrain
14-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I agree I would complain too, they're meant to help you not make your life worse! :angry: I think even OFSTED might show a bit more compassion than that!

So sorry to hear about your situation. I lost my mum suddenly a couple of years ago, one minute she was fine & chatting the next she'd gone. I'm sure I made all the arrangements etc on auto pilot because of the shock. In your & your husbands place I'd put OFSTED at the bottom of the list too!

Sending virtual hugs :group hug:

I thought Ofsted would be a little more understanding too. Until.............
my hubs was in hospital last xmas with a potentially life threatening blood clot.
I emailed Ofsted as I was overdue my inspection explaining and asking very formally and politely if they could cut me some slack.
Their reply? TOUGH!!!!!!!
PUT YOUR FAMILY FIRST! every time hun!

blue bear
14-10-2011, 03:25 PM
T council are required to offer the visits you are not required to accept them. Rude woman was just thinking if herself, well done you for notletting her walk all over you.

Hugs x x x