PDA

View Full Version : All napping at the same time!

buzzy bee
14-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Just wondering if you put all your mindees down for naps at the same time, or if you go by individual children?

All mine are young and have one nap per day... if one is particularly tired and needs a nap, I tend to put the others down for a nap at the same time and then they all will have their nap then. It means I get some time to do paperwork etc and also means we're all free to do something when they all wake up, rather than having to fit in any more naps!

Does this make me very lucky or does it make me a bad childminder because I'm not going with their individual needs?!

Obviously if one didn't fall asleep I'd get them back up again, but they generally do.

Flisspaps
14-10-2011, 11:32 AM
My DD and my full-timer nap at the same time, and always have done - it's fabulous as it means I get an hour or so to clean up, have a cup of tea and prepare lunch!

My younger mindee doesn't sleep at the same time as the other two though, so it means that two days a week I don't have a break between 7.30am and 5.30pm as there is at least one child needing entertaining.

If a child isn't tired, they won't sleep - so if they're going to sleep when you put them down then I think it's fine - even if they don't sleep and have some quiet time then and rest they'll benefit from it. If you were having to 'fight' to get them to stay put and be quiet or drop off, I might suggest you try to go with their needs a little more, but it doesn't sound like that's an issue! .

amanda1309
14-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I have 3 under 2 today and they were all dropping off in their lunch today so I have 3 asleep :clapping:

One will only have 45-60 mins but the other 2 would sleep till 3pm if I let them. I have just always been lucky that all mine like a nap just after lunch.

The Juggler
14-10-2011, 12:07 PM
hon, it would only be not meeting their needs if they didn't want to nap at the same time. if you put them down and they go to sleep then you ARE meeting their needs.

It would be worse if they chose then fell asleep on school run then wouldn't sleep at night for their parents.:panic:

both mine are asleep now and mon-wed all 3 of mine sleep at the same time :thumbsup:

muffins
14-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I have 4 under 2's at different times of the wk & my own 2 (17mth & 2yrs), nap time for all is after lunch on any given day & fc so far it works:clapping: but if anyone is tired earlier or later than usual I would go with there needs!

miffy
14-10-2011, 02:08 PM
If they are all happy to go to sleep then I can't see any problem.

Miffy xx