PDA

View Full Version : Variations..how fast

JCrakers
14-10-2011, 10:10 AM
I look after a little girl on a friday and she's starting on a thurs as soon as they give a months notice to nursery.
Originally it was going to be until 3pm which fit in really well with another child I pick up at 3pm.
Now Dad has said he needs 3.40pm so I need a variation as I will have 4 under 5yrs for 40mins every thurs

So I rang Ofsted and they are sending me a variation form but said because its for after Xmas they wont prioritise it..... :angry:

So Dad wont know if I can or not until nearer the time.....how stupid, he needs to know NOW or hes going to keep her in the nursery.

Do you think I can get it sooner if I try and explain...the chap on the phone didnt seem to care much.

jayjay1963
14-10-2011, 10:13 AM
When you fill in the form you will see a space for the date variation is required. I would put the day before parents need to give notice or a week before if possible. That way at least you will have more idea of whether they will grant it HTH

Jacqui

bambinos95
14-10-2011, 11:34 AM
ask them to email you the forms and fill them in, my friend ( and a minder) has just done a variation and it has taken 2 weeks for the same kind of request. good luck.

jayjay1963
14-10-2011, 11:44 AM
You can get the forms from the forum, there in the free downloads at the top of the page. Just fill them in online and email it back to them, much quicker:D

JCrakers
14-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Yep, they emailed it to me and Ive filled it all in.

Just hope its quick :panic:

Has anyone had a no from a variation. This one is for 50mins every thursday.
I'll have a 1yr old, 2yr old, 3yr old and a nearly 4yr old, we then go to school to pick up a 6yr old and an 8yr old and a nearly 8yr old.
So Im still in my 6 total and its only from 2.50-3.40pm

Fingers crossed

miffy
14-10-2011, 02:11 PM

I'll have a 1yr old, 2yr old, 3yr old and a nearly 4yr old, we then go to school to pick up a 6yr old and an 8yr old and a nearly 8yr old.

Fingers crossed

As you're already caring for the child it should be granted under "continuity of care".

Hope it comes through quickly for you

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
14-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Fingers crossed

As Miffy has said because it is for a child already in your care you should get it ok.

To the question had anyone had a no. I have and i appealed and insisted on a face to face panel meeting. I got the variation I wanted granted :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
14-10-2011, 02:39 PM

Fingers crossed

As Miffy has said because it is for a child already in your care you should get it ok.

To the question had anyone had a no. I have and i appealed and insisted on a face to face panel meeting. I got the variation I wanted granted :thumbsup:

JCrakers
15-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Well I filled it in as quickly as I could and emailed it back. Will have to wait :D

Ran it passed the parents , who didnt really have a clue what I was talking about (as long as their kids are safe, they were fine)

Just starting to wonder now If i'll actually be ok with 4 under 5....lol :panic: Only kidding

I'll have a 3yr old, 2yr old and a 1yr old all day (two in buggy, one walking or board) then I'll walk to pre-school to pick up a nearly 4yr old at 3pm. Walk 15mins to school pick up a 6yr old and 2x8yr olds. Dad will pick up the 2yr old at 3.40pm so Its only for 40mins but its going to be a heck of a Thursday...:D

Becky

JCrakers
21-10-2011, 11:09 AM
:clapping: :clapping:

Yay...My new certificate with variation for a thursday came through this morning.

Exactly 1 week since I emailed the request

Thank you Ofsted xx