PDA

View Full Version : Accredited CM's, advice please.

Toothfairy
14-10-2011, 07:45 AM
I am starting the process of becoming Accredited today and have my DO coming.
What paperwork will she want to see?

Any advice welcome :thumbsup:

rosebud
14-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Its a long time since I was accredited and the process has probably changed but if you have examples of how you assess childrens learning and plan for them I would get those out. She might not want to see too much the first visit anyway. Good luck.

Toothfairy
14-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Thank you :thumbsup:

sarah707
14-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Mine wanted to go through all my files and check things like a new inclusion policy, risk assessments for all resources etc.

She wanted to see a copy of my SEF ... hmmm here it is on my computer and I had to do a new inclusion audit thingy and a load of action plans for the future.

It wasn't too onerous. Good luck with it all! :D

Toothfairy
14-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Mine wanted to go through all my files and check things like a new inclusion policy, risk assessments for all resources etc.

She wanted to see a copy of my SEF ... hmmm here it is on my computer and I had to do a new inclusion audit thingy and a load of action plans for the future.

It wasn't too onerous. Good luck with it all! :D

You were right Sarah, she wanted to see everything and I mean everything!!!
It was worse than an Ofsted inspection :eek:

She was testing me on everything too, I felt as though I was being interigated.
She's coming to see me every 2 weeks :panic:

I hope its worth it after all this :D

linda2girls
14-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow, how things are different in different areas.

My DO came out on Wednesday to help me fill in the accreditation paperwork -well I had already filled it in, she just wanted to see my setting and expand some of my answers - she was here for an hour, but we sat and chatted for most of that.

She has to come back and observe me doing a planned activity with the children and then she says she has to visit about every 2 months after that (if she has time!!!). She has submitted my paperwork and I should be accredited soon.

It really didn't feel like an inspection, she will look through my learning journals when she comes next time apparently.

Linda.

loocyloo
14-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Wow, how things are different in different areas.

My DO came out on Wednesday to help me fill in the accreditation paperwork -well I had already filled it in, she just wanted to see my setting and expand some of my answers - she was here for an hour, but we sat and chatted for most of that.

She has to come back and observe me doing a planned activity with the children and then she says she has to visit about every 2 months after that (if she has time!!!). She has submitted my paperwork and I should be accredited soon.

It really didn't feel like an inspection, she will look through my learning journals when she comes next time apparently.

Linda.

i was going to say the same.

my DO came over and chatted and we went through stuff, but had to wait till i had a child to look after before she could actually 'assess' me! in the meantime she got a reference for me from my old DO !!! ( i was accrediated where i used to live!) she did look all through my files/RA etc, but we mainly chatted. she will come and do a 'monitoring' visit every 3 months/once a term ... in theory!

she had to come and visit me in my new house and spent more time going 'wow' and we talked houses for most of the time ;)