PDA

View Full Version : At what age do you give your little ones pillows?

Maza
13-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Is there an age where children 'should' have pillows? Or is it down to their preference? Many thanks in advance! x

miffy
13-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't use pillows at all for the children who sleep in travel cots.

Older children having a rest on the settee after school might use a cushion to rest their head on.

Miffy xx

AliceK
14-10-2011, 07:13 AM
I don't use pillows at all for the children who sleep in travel cots.

Older children having a rest on the settee after school might use a cushion to rest their head on.

Miffy xx

Same here :thumbsup:

xxx

butterfly
14-10-2011, 07:56 AM
I believe guidance for parents is that pillows are only suitable for children aged over one year but as a childminder I don't allow mindees of any age to have pillows if they're napping upstairs.

chez
14-10-2011, 09:14 AM
I wouldnt give them to children in travel cots, but children over 18 months who are in the nursery bed Id give them to.

The Juggler
14-10-2011, 12:13 PM
none of my cot sleepers have pillows. for older children who nap on sofa or a bed I put pillow under the duvet then put their clean sheet on top of both so their head is raised but there is no pillow there , if you see what I mean

mummyMia
14-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I give my 19 month old mindee a pillow (small cotbed one) because I know she sleeps with one at home and mum wanted her to have one. I don't think I would give a pillow before 18 months.