PDA

View Full Version : jane powertwin users please read

mama2three
13-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Mindee of 10 months was in the back of my powertwin yesterday and pulled the front hood back towards himself , which he managed to jam on his throat and couldnt move..
Thank Goodness i was there when he did it - he has been left asleep in the back for a few minutes now and again if hes fallen asleep on the school run.
It really could have been one of those horrendous accidents we read about - it was pressing on his throat and you can all see what may have happened.
the back seat was one position down from upright.
Please be aware and keep an eye on them all the time in the back. It scared me so much Ive taken the front hood off for now.
I have also emailed Jane but no reply so far.

Sarahforster
13-10-2011, 01:55 PM
ooh horrid experience for you and the mindee xx

Mouse
13-10-2011, 02:09 PM
One of my mindees has done that before. They kept pulling the front hood towards them & a couple of times it got caught under their chin. If ever I left him alone in the pushchair (ie. if he was sleeping, we were getting ready to go out etc) I took the front hood off.

I got rid of my powertwin in the end, though not particularly because of that.

AliceK
13-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh No, how scary. It doesn't bear thinking about what might have happened :eek: Thanks for warning us all.

xxxx

The Juggler
13-10-2011, 03:42 PM
oh how scary hon. thanks for letting everyone know. let us know what the company say :panic:

primula
13-10-2011, 10:09 PM
thanks for that! just brought a used one two weeks ago but havent used it yet because the youngest isnt 6 months to sit in the back seat! but now will watch out for this happening, may even sell it and carry on with the old and trusted nipper!

miffy
14-10-2011, 06:47 AM
That must have been very scary................. the thought of what might have happened :panic:

I hope the company come back to you quickly - let us know what they say.

Miffy xx

watgem
15-10-2011, 04:59 PM
thank you for sharing I will be very careful with mine now

xgemx
15-10-2011, 06:01 PM
A scary experience for you, hope they reply to your email